Does building a kaveri build with a r9 390 really help with graphics performance or is it just the same experience on an i5?

So I want to build a gaming pc and with amd's kaveri processor is it a great idea if i get an amd build or do I go for the casual i7 or an i5?

It is literally worse than with an i5.

Not: The i5 also has integrated graphics, but integrated graphics do not boost performance in any games, although there is talk of DX12 & Vulkan, you'd be better off focusing on processing power for the CPU and focusing the same with the GPU.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

i5 or i7 would get you better min. framerates in games. Also, welcome to the forums and please remember to follow your own threads.

that profile pic triggers me

So I want to build a gaming pc and with amd's kaveri processor is it a great idea if i get an amd build or do I go for the casual i7 or an i5?

Ehhh... not to beat a dead horse or anything but mixing an APU with a top tier GPU is very unbalanced. An 860K and R9 380? Sure. But you'd probably be better off in the long run with a Skylake i3 or i5, or even a Haswell i5 like the 4460.

In the end it's your system, so if you like what AMD offers then by all means go for it, just make sure you are aware of the pros and cons first.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Dont. Just get an i5. 

What about renderring and animation and stuff..... Does it help in any way?

i5 or i7 would get you better min. framerates in games. Also, welcome to the forums and please remember to follow your own threads.

Thanks m8

What about renderring and animation and stuff..... Does it help in any way?

No. You'd be better off with an FX 8350 the an kaveri apu. The rule is if your going to get a dedicated gpu stay away from apu's. Just get an i7 if you want rendering performance. You'll have the best of both worlds.

No. You'd be better off with an FX 8350 the an kaveri apu. The rule is if your going to get a dedicated gpu stay away from apu's. Just get an i7 if you want rendering performance. You'll have the best of both worlds.

Just one more thing. Is it better to get a 2.0ghz xeon processor or to go with i7. (I'm getting xeon real cheap second hand. Its the whole build for like 450$)

Just one more thing. Is it better to get a 2.0ghz xeon processor or to go with i7. (I'm getting xeon real cheap second hand. Its the whole build for like 450$)

Depending on the xeon. But 2ghz will be a bottleneck in games. Youd have to tell us the exact cpu's youre looking at.

Tell us what Xeon.

Sounds terrible since it's clocked @2ghz.

But if it's an older Xeon you can OC, with a motherboard, then you'll have something kinda nice.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

Depending on the xeon. But 2ghz will be a bottleneck in games. Youd have to tell us the exact cpu's youre looking at.

Yeah I'm pretty much a noob at this but thanks anyway. I Will try to do a little bit more research. Thanks for the help breh really appreciate it.