Need help with true 5.1 headset!

FromWhitin
Go to solution Solved by IvIast3r,

well i have Asus Xonar DX PCIe 7.1 Sound Card and i don't regret buying it. the sound quality is much more clear, as in no static.

And as for switching the outputs yes you can just have your headset plugged into the sound card and then your speakers plugged in on the on board audio. Then to switch you would just change your playback device.

as for usb audio i would try to stay away from that.

i am no expert but i am basing everything on what i have owned or what i currently own.

i bought an cooler master sirus 5.1 headset which use 2 usb's or 3 audio jacks, atm i'm using the usb's because the volume is to low with the jacks, also the mic wasn't working.

but with the usb's i got an weird buzzing sound, responding on my screen(for example, when i scroll down in this forum the buzzing sound is changing.)

but people told me the sound with an good soundcard is much better, also i dont have the buzzing sound with the audio jacks.

i don't have any problems with my logitech z906 with onboard sound.

now here is my question, is it worth to upgrade to an good soundcard like the asus phoebus or any other good one for my headset?

will i have any problems by plugging in the 3 audio jacks into the connecters which actually are for speakers(if im right)

and will i be enable to use the speakers with my onboard card and the soundcard with my headset?(by changing the default devices or something like that)

also which soundcard would you guys recommend for me?.

thanks for the answers!

Don't true surround sound headsets/headphones use separate jacks for the different channels? If that's the case, then yes, plug them all in. If you want a good cheap sound card, you can get Creative's Sound Blaster Z or ASUS Xonar DX.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

well i have Asus Xonar DX PCIe 7.1 Sound Card and i don't regret buying it. the sound quality is much more clear, as in no static.

And as for switching the outputs yes you can just have your headset plugged into the sound card and then your speakers plugged in on the on board audio. Then to switch you would just change your playback device.

as for usb audio i would try to stay away from that.

i am no expert but i am basing everything on what i have owned or what i currently own.

If I'm reading the product description correctly, the 3 audio jacks come out of an adapter you connect to one of the USB ports, right? When you connect the audio jacks, are you connecting the second USB port as well? If not, try it. If yes, try not.

I've got this headset and I've tried both options, I ended up using it through my soundcard. The sound quality is better, and you get more options to tune the sound to your liking via the equalizers and other features that come with soundcards.

One particular niggle, rather than a problem, is that I only need <20% volume level for it to be at a decent level, any higher and it would be too loud. That is more likely because of the particular sound card I have, rather than the headset.

The buzzing you get when using usb would be from interference from the other devices you are using, as you say it does it when you move your mouse. This is because the usb chipset (right word?) isn't shielded as much as an audio chipset, so it is more likely to have interference from other areas of the motherboard, in your case another usb device.

I feel like I've rambled on a bit! In essence, get a soundcard!

If I'm reading the product description correctly, the 3 audio jacks come out of an adapter you connect to one of the USB ports, right? When you connect the audio jacks, are you connecting the second USB port as well? If not, try it. If yes, try not.

The second usb is only for the lights on the headset.

PC Specs: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz 1.165v, Corsair H100i + 2x SP120 PE in Pull, Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero, 8GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 1600mhz, X-fire Sapphire HD7950 3GB OC Dual X Edition, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium - Fatal1ty, 60GB OCZ Agility 3, 120GB OCZ Agility 3, 480GB Seagate 600 Series, 1TB WD Caviar Black, Corsair TX850, CM Storm Trooper, Win 7 Pro. Peripherals: Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Keyboard, Logitech G700S Mouse, Sennheiser G4ME ONE Headset, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers. Phone: HTC One M8.

I feel like I've rambled on a bit! In essence, get a soundcard!

As long as you don't choose an Essence! :lol:

Thank you all for tbe reply's really helped me out here!, ill get the asus xonar dx (if thats thr one u mentioned for me, im on my mobile right now)