660 dollar gaming PC.

CZ7752

I was able to put together this PC and wanted some feed back, if you are giving a different PC for a recommendation keep it with in that 650 range.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/97KpXL

Your feedback is appreciated.

What are you looking for or what will you mainly be doing?

Primary games such as farcry 4 and battlefield 4. I would most likely put them on medium settings. As well as homework.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($164.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.99 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($38.99 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  ($179.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case  ($22.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($55.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($35.00) 
Total: $682.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-26 21:50 EST-0500

Got a much nicer, 4GB 380 that will handle games like BF4 and FC4 fine along with a SSD.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

I know it doesnt have much storage but this gives you 8 cores at 4.0ghz

More cores doesn't mean its better. The i5 4460 beats the 8350 in most games. And get the SuperNOVA GS, not the NEX.

Don't go with the Thermaltake PSU, there are much nicer options out there.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

More cores doesn't mean its better. The i5 4460 beats the 8350 in most games. And get the SuperNOVA GS, not the NEX.

Don't go with the Thermaltake PSU, there are much nicer options out there.

But you have more speed before overcloking which i doubt he will do

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($164.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($50.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case  ($42.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($43.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $603.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-26 22:00 EST-0500

The site has changed....

As he said the cores are not as high quality, and who knows, I may want to pull a moderate overclock and dish out 30 more dollars to get a CPU cooler to do so.

As he said the cores are not as high quality, and who knows, I may want to pull a moderate overclock and dish out 30 more dollars to get a CPU cooler to do so.

i know the visheras are not that great but your not building a crazy rig where that matters

It still means nothing because its irrelevant. Hands down, the i5 4460 will win in single-threaded performance, which means it will be best for most games.

Spoiler

i know the visheras are not that great but your not building a crazy rig where that matters

It does matter. He's on a budget and he wants the best CPU for gaming at that price. The obvious choice is the i5 4460.

Spoiler

It does matter. He's on a budget and he wants the best CPU for gaming at that price. The obvious choice is the i5 4460.

okay go with the 4460! it says your feedback is greatly appreciated! i was just giving him an option

okay go with the 4460! it says your feedback is greatly appreciated! i was just giving him an option

No need to get defensive. We're here to get the best gaming rig for OP's budget. I'm sorry if I came off as a bit aggressive, but we're handling someone else's money here.

Spoiler

No need to get defensive. We're here to get the best gaming rig for OP's budget. I'm sorry if I came off as a bit aggressive, but we're handling someone else's money here.

i know it