Upgrade to Skylake 6600K from AMD Phenom x6 1090t

Hello internet, I am looking at upgrading my old AMD Phenom x6 1090T to a new Intel Skylake i5 6600K. Now I know the CPU I want but, I can not seem to decide on a motherboard or cooler for the processor. Budget is not a huge deal though I don't want to spend a whole lot of money here thinking in the range of $500-$650ish. Also does anybody know how much of a performance boost I would see in upgrading?

Current Specs
AMD Phenom X6 1090T
EVGA GTX 780 SC
8 Gigs DDR3 running at 2133 (Will be replaced with DDR4)
Corsair 800w 80 plus bronze certified
Case 500r corsair

Want to upgrade to
Intel i5 Skylake 6600K
16 Gigs G. Skill Ripjaw DDR4 Ram (open to other options)
Motherboard no idea that's why I'm here lol(Like to stay 100-200 if there are good boards in that range)
Fan/heatsink also no idea (Would like to stay between 20-50).
Some possible fan ideas are the ZALMAN CNPS9500A-LED 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler, ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX-B 135mm Long life bearing CPU Cooler Blue LED, COOLER MASTER RR-212X-20PM-R1 120mm 4th Generation Bearing CPU Cooler, or Cooler Master Hyper T4 - CPU Cooler with 4 Direct Contact Heatpipes. Once again not limiting myself to any of these 4 just some that I have seen.

I Live in the US and would be purchasing most likely from newegg with USD. This rigs main purpose is gaming such as Just Cause 3, Fallout 4, Shadow of Mordor, Borderlands, Ark: Survival amongst other games. I game currently at 1080 but would like to upgrade to 4k as well as a possible sli two 780's.

You really don't need to upgrade your CPU. Honestly, if you decided to, I would honestly go straight for an i7 as a Skylake i5 won't be a HUGE jump.

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury 4GB Video Card  ($496.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $553.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-26 18:19 EST-0500

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I think I'd wait before jumping to Skylake until Intel gets off their retarded arse regarding the issues with bending substrates with third party coolers. Haswell is still good but I'd hang on and wait for some news on what is going to happen.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

You really don't need to upgrade your CPU. Honestly, if you decided to, I would honestly go straight for an i7 as a Skylake i5 won't be a HUGE jump.

I don't really seem to have a need to pay the extra money for the i7 as it seems the only benefit is that it supports hyperhtreading which it doesn't seem like many games use at this point. I have only been able to achieve a stable 3.6Ghz on my 1090t. I am worried that it may be bottlenecking my system a little bit. Or would it be better for me to spend my money else ware and purchase another 780 for sli instead of upgrading other components?

I don't really seem to have a need to pay the extra money for the i7 as it seems the only benefit is that it supports hyperhtreading which it doesn't seem like many games use at this point. I have only been able to achieve a stable 3.6Ghz on my 1090t. I am worried that it may be bottlenecking my system a little bit. Or would it be better for me to spend my money else ware and purchase another 780 for sli instead of upgrading other components?

Damn that's not a very good OC.

While hyperthreading isn't too important in games, it helps out when say, you have other applications up.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($242.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-E33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($45.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card  ($293.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $626.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-26 18:26 EST-0500

i would suggest an i7-4XXX build. Will cost ~ the same as an i5 skylake build.

I know that the Haswell performs pretty much the same as the Skylake series but my worry is that as of now I know that DDR4 doesn't seem to do a whole lot but I don't want to get the feeling that I am being left in the dust and have to upgrade again in another few years to get DDR4.

Damn that's not a very good OC.

While hyperthreading isn't too important in games, it helps out when say, you have other applications up.

I know many people have been able to get really good 4+Ghz out of the Phenom but if I try to push it any higher it either won't boot or crashes during stress testing. Also a get quite a few BSOD already for some reason varying from page fault in nonpage area and other system errors don't know what those are about haven't had time to look into them.

I know many people have been able to get really good 4+Ghz out of the Phenom but if I try to push it any higher it either won't boot or crashes during stress testing. Also a get quite a few BSOD already for some reason varying from page fault in nonpage area and other system errors don't know what those are about haven't had time to look into them.

page fault in nonpaged area is a BSOD caused by memory so you might have to see if one of the sticks is defective

I know that the Haswell performs pretty much the same as the Skylake series but my worry is that as of now I know that DDR4 doesn't seem to do a whole lot but I don't want to get the feeling that I am being left in the dust and have to upgrade again in another few years to get DDR4.

You can reuse your DDR3. No performance difference to DDR4.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

page fault in nonpaged area is a BSOD caused by memory so you might have to see if one of the sticks is defective

I see thanks for the tip. Know of any good memory troubleshooting/stress test freeware that I could use to try and pick it out? The computer still detects all 8 gigs of ram.

I also do a bit of Dolphin (Gamecube) and PCX2 (Playstation 2) emulation, haven't looked into if either of those benefit from hypterthreading or not or if they are more single core base performance. But I still don't know about paying the extra $140 for hyperthreading. I don't do a whole lot of multitasking mostly just gaming and web browsing.

I see thanks for the tip. Know of any good memory troubleshooting/stress test freeware that I could use to try and pick it out? The computer still detects all 8 gigs of ram.

memtest86

I also do a bit of Dolphin (Gamecube) and PCX2 (Playstation 2) emulation, haven't looked into if either of those benefit from hypterthreading or not or if they are more single core base performance. But I still don't know about paying the extra $140 for hyperthreading. I don't do a whole lot of multitasking mostly just gaming and web browsing.

Huh? extra $140?