Chromecast being a bitch to set up

ThatFatMan1911

So when it asks me to set network after I've put in my wifi password it just sits there trying to connect but in the end it just tells me it failed to do so and prompts me to try again which I've done several times. I'm setting it up from an Android phone if that helps. I literally have no clue what to do. Please answer in simple terms for me because I'm probably not gonna understand half the shit you reply with...

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

Maybe you should try providing details other than "It's being a bitch and it won't work"

Is it a new unit? Has it ever worked? Details of your network, including security settings. Have you tried connecting it to a different network?

With the info you provided the only help I can give you is take it back and get a new one.

EDIT: One more thing. Public forums aren't your personal tech support line. 

Try to move it closer to your AP maybe the WiFi signal isn't good enough

It's connecting but it isn't "connecting". The signal is good but it just won't join it and I can't figure out why.

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

Yeah well like I said I don't know what else to tell you other than it just keeps telling me it failed to connect despite the fact that every piece of technology I've ever bought it my life easily connected to my wifi no problem. So when this little thing wants to start shit it pisses me off. Sometimes I think technology works harder not working than it would if it would just work. 

First generation chromecasts came with a USB power adapter and the instructions specifically said that the USB port in some TVs will not provide enough power to the chromecast. Not sure if that that's still the case. Are you plugging it in to a usb port on the TV for power or into the power adapter? If you have the USB plugged in to the TV, try using the power adapter and see if it works. Otherwise, next step ->

With the chromecast plugged in to power, hold the reset button for at least 30 seconds for a full factory reset and try again. If it still doesn't connect, next step ->

If you have two smartphones in the house, turn on wifi hotspot on one of them and use the other to configure the chromecast. If it does NOT connect to the wifi hotspot of the phone, you can be pretty sure it's an issue with the chromecast and you should exchange it. If it DOES connect to the phone's hotspot, it's an issue with your wifi. Next step ->

Make sure your router/access point is at the latest firmware revision. If not, upgrade it and do a factory reset; if it is, do a factory reset. Put back the same wifi settings and try connecting again. If it still doesn't, could be a hardware issue with the router.

You got any Apple airport equipment in your house? I've heard stories of chromecast refusing to connect to networks with Apple equipment.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

You got any Apple airport equipment in your house? I've heard stories of chromecast refusing to connect to networks with Apple equipment.

Nope it's a Belkin N150. I've tried looking up problems with Chromecast and that router. I tried everything everyone else tried but no luck.

remove security on your router and try connecting again

if it works..then you need to change your secuirty options

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile