UEFI Booting Windows 10

byalexandr

So my new SSD is getting here soon and I am preparing a USB drive to install Windows 10 Pro. In the Rufus USB tool, I have the following options under 'Partition scheme and target system type' after I load the ISO and everything is ready to start:

MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI-CSM

MBR partition scheme for UEFI

GPT partition scheme for UEFI

Here is a screenshot of Rufus:

post-2597-0-43637800-1451093347.png

On my new Windows installation, I want to have it as a 'UEFI Install' so I can use the Ultra Fast Boot feature on my AsRock B85M-ITX and get even better boot times. This requires you to install a UEFI sort of install thing for Windows. Which option do I choose? Is it even supported for Windows 10? I heard it was for Windows 8 but those articles are quite old. My GPU supports UEFI obviously, just like the guide told me, and this video seems to have it working on Windows 10:

You can see why I want it now lol. I tried to enable it before but I cannot because my current Windows installation is not UEFI. If I tried to enable the Ultra Fast Boot (not just the Fast Boot) it just restarts and throws you into the BIOS. Apparently you can't change the install method once it's all done so that's why I want to do it correctly right now. If any of you have any idea of what I'm talking about, please help me out. Sorry if it makes no sense, I'm trying the best I can. Thanks!

Yup use GPT.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Yup use GPT.

Awesome. Just wrote onto the USB drive, can't wait for my SSD to get here.