Is Holiday 2015 A good time to Purchase a Brand New System?

CeremonialSnips

See Title^^ Is now (like this week) a good time to be investing in a brand new ground up system (excluding peripherals)?  I know skylake is the newest platform but do you think that it is a good time to buy into PC gaming.... I know that there will be a new gen of graphics cards sometime in the next two years, ( i think sometime 2016, but those are from rumor mill sites)... so my question is, with the biggest component due for an upgrade relatively soon does it make sense to just wait it out for a new gen of video cards.... or adopt current gen.....

The Black Friday Rig: 

[PCPartPicker part list](https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/QyvH8K)
:----|:----|:----
**CPU** | [Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor] | $280.00 
**CPU Cooler** | [Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler] | $19.99 
**Motherboard** | [Gigabyte GA-Z170X-GAMING 6 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard] | $175.00 
**Memory** | [Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory] | $94.99 
**Storage** | [Corsair Force LE 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive] | $85.99 
**Storage** | [Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive] | $64.00 
**Video Card** | [Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card] | $319.99 
**Case** | [Corsair Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case] | $89.00 
**Power Supply** | [Corsair CXM 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply] | $84.99 
**Operating System** | [Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit]| $109.00 
 | *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* |
 | **Total** | **$1322.95**
 | Generated by [PCPartPicker](http://pcpartpicker.com) 2016-11-27 18:34 EST-0500 |

A good time is when you have the money. 

This, is, it. Kappa

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

See Title^^ Is now (like this week) a good time to be investing in a brand new ground up system (excluding peripherals)?  I know skylake is the newest platform but do you think that it is a good time to buy into PC gaming.... I know that there will be a new gen of graphics cards sometime in the next two years, ( i think sometime 2016, but those are from rumor mill sites)... so my question is, with the biggest component due for an upgrade relatively soon does it make sense to just wait it out for a new gen of video cards.... or adopt current gen.....

I dont see why not if you can afford, just gaming as a whole this year was a bit shite.

Thing is you could wait for what ever intel bring in 2016 or wait to see what AMD will do, but with boxing day and new year sales coming, its a good time

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

A good time is when you have the money. 

K, I've had money for a gaming PC for over a year saved..... i just don't want to buy into something and then 6 months later there is a massive performance leap...

The Black Friday Rig: 

[PCPartPicker part list](https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/QyvH8K)
:----|:----|:----
**CPU** | [Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor] | $280.00 
**CPU Cooler** | [Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler] | $19.99 
**Motherboard** | [Gigabyte GA-Z170X-GAMING 6 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard] | $175.00 
**Memory** | [Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory] | $94.99 
**Storage** | [Corsair Force LE 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive] | $85.99 
**Storage** | [Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive] | $64.00 
**Video Card** | [Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card] | $319.99 
**Case** | [Corsair Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case] | $89.00 
**Power Supply** | [Corsair CXM 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply] | $84.99 
**Operating System** | [Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit]| $109.00 
 | *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* |
 | **Total** | **$1322.95**
 | Generated by [PCPartPicker](http://pcpartpicker.com) 2016-11-27 18:34 EST-0500 |

K, I've had money for a gaming PC for over a year saved..... i just don't want to buy into something and then 6 months later there is a massive performance leap...

If you think like that you will wait forever.

None of us can tell you the future. The best newest invention for computing could come tomorrow or in 10years. None of us can tell you, because I am pretty sure nobody in this community is a scientist who is working on something like that.

Just get a budget and think about now or not, but don't wait tooo long. 

For the questions when the best time is it always depends on, because prices go up and down depending on the current demand.

Hope this helped you a little bit

If you think like that you will wait forever.

None of us can tell you the future. The best newest invention for computing could come tomorrow or in 10years. None of us can tell you, because I am pretty sure nobody in this community is a scientist who is working on something like that.

Just get a budget and think about now or not, but don't wait tooo long. 

For the questions when the best time is it always depends on, because prices go up and down depending on the current demand.

Hope this helped you a little bit

Even if they worked in something like that, it would be top secret and they couldn't tell us or anyone.