Fun/Exotic build 20% awesome 80% performance!

Numbafieve

So first off this is my first time actually joining the forums and using them!  I have nobody that I know who is good with computers but I want some other opinions on my plan for a build i'm going to do within the next year.

1. Budget & Location
I live in the USA and want to build a new computer for about $1.5K.  I already have a few of the parts i want to use so some of the budget is used up/decided on (about $600 is already used for the power supply, gpu, and probably the case soon.  

2. Aim
This build will be for mostly some medium to heavy gaming but nothing hardcore.  Sometimes I need to render a gopro video but this is so rare that I wouldn't look at this portion as a main point.  Some of my most demanding games would be fallout 4 and supreme commander forged alliance if anybody still plays that.
3. Monitors
I already have 2 monitors I plan to use for a while before I get some newer monitors later.  They are old 1440x900 and 1600x900 monitors running on a DVI-D and display port to VGA.  My 1440x900 screen only has a VGA connector since its so old but I want to get ones with HDMI or display port inputs so I can use my xbox 360 and wii u on them if I want to play smash or mega man.
4. Peripherals
I have my own basic keyboard and mouse that i'm happy with but if my budget allows for it I would like to have a mouse with more than the 3 standard buttons again.

5. Why are you upgrading?
My current computer is running slower every month now even with all the tweaks and junk clean up as I do.  It is about 3 years old now and it has been used about 5-7 hours a day for nearly that entire time.  Also I just like to have the latest and coolest stuff to date but also exotic/cool, I stuffed an r9 390 strix into a mid tower just to dwarf my stupid little 3450 with its stock heatsink.

My ideas for the build can go a few directions but nothing serious will happen until AMD releases the Zen architecture.  Also for some items I want to go more for something exotic looking or performing but still mostly functional.  This was the case in my decision for the Asus strix r9 390 over the Sapphire version even though it had better cooling.  I liked how the Asus card looked and also in its sheer size compared to other cards, I almost went with a Club 3D 970 since it was also huge but eventually chose the AMD card over Nvidia since I never have tried AMD before.  So if some of these selections look a bit wack to you its more of a personal choice over performance since its no too big of an issue here.  I do however like raw performance too so for some parts I do want the best I can get, specifically the CPU so I can shut up a few of my friends who think their factory overclocked CPUs are soooo much better than my i5 "non K version" even though my computer wrecks them in these fun FPS wars we have on small games.  We see who can get the most FPS on a game like minecraft, I always win them though.

If Zen looks decent and actually delivers about as good as intel does with their current generation I want to do a build like this

Whatever Zen CPU gives a good performance for the price 

An AM4 motherboard (probably from ASUS)

16 Gigs of a mid speed DDR4 RAM

I already have the graphics card

I also already have a power supply (corsair hx850i for lots of upgrading headroom)

An M.2 SSD for the boot drive and a 2+ TB storage drive

I want to get the best AIO liquid cooler that I can find for about $150 (I haven't found much to go off of in terms of which performs the highest, suggestions?)

The case I might have but I might not have in time for this build, but i'm not too picky about what case it is. Something about $100-200 and isn't super wide.

For the OS i'm going to do some sort of windows, probably 10 since win7 will be pretty old at that point

If the Zen CPUs look like the usual AMD stuff right now I will go a different route.

Either an Intel 6700K or 5820K, both I want to overclock just a little to say I did it ( probably to about 4.4 for the 6700K and 4.0ish for the 5820K)

An Asus Z170-A motherboard or the X99-A if I go with the 5820K

16 Gigs of a mid speed DDR4 RAM

Already have the graphics card

Already have the power supply

An M.2 SSD for the boot drive and a 2+ TB storage drive

The best AIO liquid cooler that I can find that is about $150 or a really cool air cooler

Either the case I buy soon or some full tower case when I build this computer, $100-200

For the OS i'm going to do some sort of windows, probably 10 since win7 will be pretty old at that point

I know most of this is a pretty vague list but I have no idea what parts will be obsolete or have a better option in late 2016.  The plan was mostly to get a few of the parts sooner to upgrade my current computer and then move them to the new computer when the time comes.  I'm just saving up money as I go waiting for Zen to come out before I make my decision on all the parts.

So first off this is my first time actually joining the forums and using them!  I have nobody that I know who is good with computers but I want some other opinions on my plan for a build i'm

Should grab a free-sync display and probably go X99

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?