Battlefield 3 vs. 4

Been thinking about trying Battlefield. Wanted peoples opinions and pros/cons

edit: i'd like to just get one over the other if I do get one

get 4

Battlefield series kinda like cod in the sense that there the same but different at the same time u feel?

I have both. Both are great, totally fun to play. BF4 has more of a CoD feel to it, not nearly as 'realistic' (I don't want to call it that) as BF3 (for example the guns and kickback and suppression and everything in BF3 are much more realistic). IMO BF3 has better graphics in Multiplayer but the campaign in BF4 is beautiful.

I have both. Both are great, totally fun to play. BF4 has more of a CoD feel to it, not nearly as 'realistic' (I don't want to call it that) as BF3 (for example the guns and kickback and suppression and everything in BF3 are much more realistic). IMO BF3 has better graphics in Multiplayer but the campaign in BF4 is beautiful.

I forgot Battlefield had campaign 

oh fuck no, cod and bf4 are competitively/completely  different

I know I meant in the sense that cod series has been copy/paste with new maps/guns/minimal mechanics difference. I was trying to compare in that sense 

I understand battlefield and cod are pretty much totally different gameplays

I know I meant in the same that cod series has been copy/paste with new maps/guns/minimal mechanics difference. I was trying to compare in that sense 

no no, cod is copy and paste, 

bf3/4 mechanics and gameplay are vividly different.

if you want to just have fun for a while and get your money's worth buy bf4

I forgot Battlefield has campaign 

They're not worth playing anyways, the only reason I played them is to unlock the guns you can get for multiplayer. If I could have one difference between the two games, it would be size. Everything is amped up in BF4. More vehicles, WAY bigger maps (most of the time they're too big), etc.

I forgot Battlefield had campaign

Yeah, you don't play Battlefield for the campaign, you play it for the multiplayer.

Hence, 'ONLY IN BATTLEFIELD'.

Both games are great but it's probably better to go with BF4 (even though I prefer the maps in BF3).

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

no no, cod is copy and paste, 

bf3/4 mechanics and gameplay are vividly different.

if you want to just have fun for a while and get your money's worth buy bf4

This. BF4 has a way different feel than BF3. I think that DICE nailed BF3 but people complained so they made BF4 more 'FPS-ey' and unrealistic.

Yeah, you don't play Battlefield for the campaign, you play it for the multiplayer.

Hence, 'ONLY IN BATTLEFIELD'.

3's campaign was solid, 4 was just autistic

bf2 on the otherhand has solid storyline/multiplayer

if you want to play a realistic shooter play Arma 3

Been thinking about trying Battlefield. Wanted peoples opinions and pros/cons

edit: i'd like to just get one over the other if I do get one

Get BF4, the developers are doing an amazing job with keeping the game updated. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Get BF4, the developers are doing an amazing job with keeping the game updated. 

Yeah and all the DLC coming out from a few DLCs ago and on will be free.

y

The graphics are entirely better in BF4

BF4's engine is better, gunplay is "better," and water combat is MUCH better. It's a better buy because it's still updated in terms of game play AND it still gets new items and maps. 

I used to be quite active here.

y

The graphics are entirely better in BF4

BF4's engine is better, gunplay is "better," and water combat is MUCH better. It's a better buy because it's still updated in terms of game play AND it still gets new items and maps. 

I know but IMO I really liked the graphics in BF3, and the kickback and bullet physics and sounds are way better in BF3. In BF4 the bullets are SO SLOW. How do you aim two feet in front of a running person with a high power sniper rifle? You shouldn't have to aim ahead nearly as much. They don't travel that slow IRL, and BF3 did a much better job with it.

Edit: Especially the sound. Way more dynamic, if you have a home theater system like I do then the sounds... Oh man do they sound great. BF4, not as much.

I know but IMO I really liked the graphics in BF3, and the kickback and bullet physics and sounds are way better in BF3. In BF4 the bullets are SO SLOW. How do you aim two feet in front of a running person with a high power sniper rifle? You shouldn't have to aim ahead nearly as much. They don't travel that slow IRL, and BF3 did a much better job with it.

Edit: Especially the sound. Way more dynamic, if you have a home theater system like I do then the sounds... Oh man do they sound great. BF4, not as much.

The sounds are actually almost identical, Battlefield 4 even has more bass. Try War Tapes for really cool sound. 

I think the bullets are slow simply for balance. After all, it's a video game, not a war simulator. In Battlefield 3 the run-and-gun sniper was a very viable option (I love doing it on PC) and it was quite annoying in a balance perspective. Snipers realistically DON'T run and gun with their rifles. So, DICE forced them to be support roles by making bullets travel slower and fall faster. 

Battlefield 4 is now more balanced than Battlefield 3, and it'll only get better as DICE actively patches the game and irons out the few remaining bugs. 

@molty Also, BF3 was an "on the house" game a few months ago (the game was free if you claimed it, I mean totally free, you get to keep it forever.) It might be "on the house" again on Origin some time. Also, Battlefield 3 goes on sale SO OFTEN for like $5 or less. So, it's pretty cheap. That's on PC, though. I don't know the prices for console. 

I used to be quite active here.