Title pending.

Air tree

looks like its going to be good, subbed :)

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Subbed. This is going to be an awesome adventure.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Looking good can't wait

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Black and grey builds can look really awesome if done well, looking forward to see this, will you start building soon or will you wait until the 9970 is actually released?

Black and grey builds can look really awesome if done well, looking forward to see this, will you start building soon or will you wait until the 9970 is actually released?

Waiting until the 9970 is released, a little of a wait but i can do. i feel bad for making you guys wait more than anything haha!

Waiting until the 9970 is released, a little of a wait but i can do. i feel bad for making you guys wait more than anything haha!

:lol: One problem you might have is reference cards will probably come in black and red so you might have to wait even more for some black/gray coolers to avoid overdoing it with the wrapping.

:lol: One problem you might have is reference cards will probably come in black and red so you might have to wait even more for some black/gray coolers to avoid overdoing it with the wrapping.

Grr i forgot about that...Who on the AMD side even makes that kind of colour card?

Grr i forgot about that...Who on the AMD side even makes that kind of colour card?

Maybe you could get an XFX card (if they keep a similar design) and spray/wrap the red parts, or just remove them?

4511_02_xfx_hd_7970_black_edition_double

Maybe you could get an XFX card (if they keep a similar design) and spray/wrap the red parts, or just remove them?

4511_02_xfx_hd_7970_black_edition_double

I hope they release their card soon because black and red would  completely ruin my colour scheme :P

I hope they release their card soon because black and red would  completely ruin my colour scheme :P

I guess you could even go with a DCUII cooler since the red stripes aren't very visible, or a sapphire vapor card, but I'm personally not a fan of all the angles on that one. Either way you'd have to wait a bit for these cards to launch :(.

I guess you could even go with a DCUII cooler since the red stripes aren't very visible, or a sapphire vapor card, but I'm personally not a fan of all the angles on that one. Either way you'd have to wait a bit for these cards to launch :(.

His cards would work also. as long as they stick with their current design.

HD7970-ICEQ-9.jpg

His cards would work also. as long as they stick with their current design.

HD7970-ICEQ-9.jpg

And if they make a matte black PCB... >.< I hate colored PCBs...

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

And if they make a matte black PCB... >.< I hate colored PCBs...

This would be so much easier if amd didn't give free games and cheaper prices, i could just get a nvidia card since almost every evga card fits my colour scheme -_-

This would be so much easier if amd didn't give free games and cheaper prices, i could just get a nvidia card since almost every evga card fits my colour scheme -_-

Yeah. So many free games!  :rolleyes:

Yeah and you'll actually be able to choose which ones now :D. 9970 is rumoured to perform better than Titan so it should be worth having even without the games if that's true.

Looking good Air Tree. Just remember to mask up the window and w/e you don't want paint on with some 3M tape. Also I agree, and XFX DD 9970 would be an amazing addition to the build

You sparked my interest and would love to see pics when done :) :)!!

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

Please have at least a pic of the computer with a beard?

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see what you do with the black/grey color scheme :D BTW the yellow parts on the Mpower are just stickers.

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see what you do with the black/grey color scheme :D BTW the yellow parts on the Mpower are just stickers.

Yeah but I'm pretty sure if i take off the stickers it will void the warranty so i'm just going to use the vinyl.

I believe you're talking about the Z77 MPower which had pieces of metal glued onto the heatsinks, I believe the Z87 has the yellow painted right on the heatsinks.

I believe you're talking about the Z77 MPower which had pieces of metal glued onto the heatsinks, I believe the Z87 has the yellow painted right on the heatsinks.

Ahh, didn't know that they changed that.

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |