How does the i7 Skylake's graphics while gaming?

jonnyyyl
Go to solution Solved by typographie,

hd graphics can handled gta v at minimum setting 30 fps. Im sure 7870k can run it at 60 fps minimum. Its igpu is more powerful than the r7 250x. 

No, it isn't. It's more comparable to (and still slower than) the R7 240.

76769.png

76774.png

Source

You'd see a lot of GPU benchmarks. I am very curious about CPUs' performance and temperatures while gaming at various settings. 

You'd see a lot of GPU benchmarks. I am very curious about CPUs' performance and temperatures while gaming at various settings. 

Wait, what exactly do you want to know? What performance you'll get using the iGPU? The temperature? CPU usage? Also, in which game?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

An AMD a10 7870k can pull off 60 fps at medium 1080p for $130.... Just saying

One can't really be so specific without mentioning what game. But yes, it is generally faster than Intel's HD 530 graphics.

If you can find a Broadwell CPU (i5 5675C or i7-5775C) in-stock and at a reasonable price, it would be a better choice for onboard graphics than Skylake. Iris Pro 6200 is as good as it gets in integrated graphics.

In?

Maybe Grid 2 but that's not happening in Battlefield 4 or Grand Theft Auto V.

hd graphics can handled gta v at minimum setting 30 fps. Im sure 7870k can run it at 60 fps minimum. Its igpu is more powerful than the r7 250x. 

The 7870K's iGPU is a barely upgraded 7850K iGPU.

This still means around the ballpark of ~52-56fps in GTA 5 low 720p.

A better buy would be the A8-7600/7650K/70K. Unless you video edit.

Also, where is the it's more powerful than a 250x coming from? It's on the level of an R7 240, if not less.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

One can't really be so specific without mentioning what game. But yes, it is generally faster than Intel's HD 530 graphics.

If you can find a Broadwell CPU (i5 5675C or i7-5775C) in-stock and at a reasonable price, it would be a better choice for onboard graphics than Skylake. Iris Pro 6200 is as good as it gets in integrated graphics.

They are so expensive though. I wasn't able to find one online either. 

The 7870K's iGPU is a barely upgraded 7850K iGPU.

This still means around the ballpark of ~52-56fps in GTA 5 low 720p.

A better buy would be the A8-7600/7650K/70K. Unless you video edit.

Also, where is the it's more powerful than a 250x coming from? It's on the level of an R7 240, if not less.

that "barely" upgraded has a 200mhz overclock on the igpu. That is a big boost. benchmark shows performance gain is 15%.

Um, guys. Pretty sure the OP wants to know the temperature of the CPU while gaming.

OP, depends on the game. Anywhere from idle temps to full load.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I did.

The only game where the FPS boost wasn't a negligable difference was GTA 5.

Also, 866MHz =/= 200MHz OC

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I did.

The only game where the FPS boost wasn't a negligable difference was GTA 5.

Also, 866MHz =/= 200MHz OC

i am pretty sure the frequency can be overclock further on the crimson software. but the same can be said of 7850k

i am pretty sure the frequency can be overclock further on the crimson software. but the same can be said of 7850k

You seem to have an issue with titles. Please read the title of this topic again.

Then be gone with ye. I'll tell you the same thing I tell all religious people trying to spread their faith. If your god was so powerful, they wouldn't need you to bother people.

Then be gone with ye. I'll tell you the same thing I tell all religious people trying to spread their faith. If your god was so powerful, they wouldn't need you to bother people.

no one needs your input, big buy. Spew your gratuitous remarks elsewhere.

No, it isn't. It's more comparable to (and still slower than) the R7 240.

76769.png

76774.png

Source

Wait, what exactly do you want to know? What performance you'll get using the iGPU? The temperature? CPU usage? Also, in which game?

pushing the limits here. battlefield, battlefront, CSGO, temps (air v water cooling) and FPS at various settings.

You seem to have an issue with titles. Please read the title of this topic again.

whoops. my bad. sorry. 

If you're planning an iGPU system only, 5675c or 5775c. (Or what Post #4 said)

I don't suppose Skylake has issued an updated version yet have they? The above is stil broadwell. 

pushing the limits here. battlefield, battlefront, CSGO, temps (air v water cooling) and FPS at various settings.

It depends on a lot of factors, but in games the framerate depends a lot more on the gpu. Assume that the i7 will never bottleneck a gpu significantly, so whatever benchmarks you can find with your card using a desktop i7 or better will reflect your performance.  If you mean the integrated gpu, there are benchmarks for that too, but as others said if you plan on using the igpu you're better off with a 5775c - their gpus are simply better, no driver update will ever change that. As for temperatures, the max load temperatures with the stock cooler will be around 80 degrees C unless you use a stress test like prime95 (don't, it could damage your chip). Other temperatures depend exclusively on the specific cooler, you can find them in the reviews for each cooler usually.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*