Is Modmic the way to go?

Trail Mixorz

I want to buy a new pair of headphones, but since I play games with friends I need a mic to go along with it. I 100% do NOT want a mic to go on my desk (snowball) and was thinking about getting the modmic. In Linus' video of using it, it made his voice kind of sound nasally, and I was seeing if it's just the way the video came out or if it's just not as good, and there are better alternatives

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

Many people recommend a modmic so I am assuming it is good. You can also go for an $8 zalman clip on mic

Nzxt Phantom 410 - I5 4670k stock - 7950 vapor x @ 1000mhz/1250mhz - Msi Z87 G45 - 8gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1600mhz - TX650 - Benq XL2420t - Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 - Deathadder 2013

Sennheiser plus modmic equal god

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Linus's demonstration sounded a bit fugly compared to his expensive shotgun mic, but no one's going to complain if you're just using it for skype/razer comms/teamspeak/etc. If you're a penny pincher, the Zalman Clip-on is almost as good.

I've got one with a pair of Sennheiser headphones, and the mic is great but possibly a little quiet.

Okay guys, I think I'm gonna go with a pair of HD 558 with a modmic  :D

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

you shouldn't be disappointed.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

you shouldn't be disappointed.

Unless he gets a bad mic the first go-round, but their RMA is easy.  :)

Unless he gets a bad mic the first go-round, but their RMA is easy.   :)

Pretty solid mic for under $50. The owner of the site is pretty awesome. My first modmic had a short and he ( I think his name is Jim) sent me a next day replacement. He asked me to ship the one with the short back. I paid $2 or $3 on USPS shipping back to him, but I did not mind this.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

Okay sounds great. And does the mod mic use a proprietary plug towards the back of the mic? Because i don't really like the look it going out the back, and would prefer maybe a 90 degree do the wire goes down when I have the mic to the side

Okay sounds great. And does the mod mic use a proprietary plug towards the back of the mic? Because i don't really like the look it going out the back, and would prefer maybe a 90 degree do the wire goes down when I have the mic to the side

it's just a 3.5mm connector. The whole mic is flexible so you can bend it to your will. Just handle with care so you don't possibly cause a short.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

it's just a 3.5mm connector. The whole mic is flexible so you can bend it to your will. Just handle with care so you don't possibly cause a short.

I think OP's asking about the detacable cable on the 3.0? I would get the 2.0 anyways because the mic cancelling feature of the 3.0 doesn't work with everything you plug it into.

I think OP's asking about the detacable cable on the 3.0? I would get the 2.0 anyways because the mic cancelling feature of the 3.0 doesn't work with everything you plug it into.

Does the 3.0 have a detachable cable?

Does the 3.0 have a detachable cable?

In linus' video, he should the mic plugs into the wire, it looks like he screws it in, is there an adapter or something that can make that a 90 degree run instead?

In linus' video, he should the mic plugs into the wire, it looks like he screws it in, is there an adapter or something that can make that a 90 degree run instead?

Well the 2.0 (I have) has a screw cap that fits the mic into the the little adapter that has the magnetic piece in just so the microphone won't fall out of position.

Yeah, the 3.0 has a detachable cable. I'm pretty sure it's the same standard connection that many professional wireless mics use to attach to their battery pack thing a ma boob.

Sound quality is very decent and a bit above expected for what you pay for, at least in my opinion. What I really couldn't stand was the extra cable tangle running down my headphones. My headphones are connected to a DAC/amp, so wrapping the ModMic cable around the headphone cable didn't get very far. I ended up clipping it to my desk lamp, pointed towards me. Works amazingly.

This is my setup. Works really well. No one has complained about sound leakage either since it is an open headphone.