Would I need to buy a new OS?

MoonKnightSpidey

Getting a whole new machine, but I already own a copy of Window 7 that I have used for this machine. Do I need to buy a new copy?

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

That depends. Is this an OEM computer from dell or HP or is this a custom built PC?

I bought a seperate copy of windows for my current PC. I will be loading the OS on a new ssd/

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

No you cannot have windows activated on two separate PCs like that. You can only have one computer activated with windows per key.

My current computer will not be activated when my new one is. MY hard drive will be formatted

contact microsoft support. tell them the situation, they'll deactivate your old computer and give you a new key for the new one.... hopefully. Of course, linux is always a free alternative.

contact microsoft support. tell them the situation, they'll deactivate your old computer and give you a new key for the new one.... hopefully. Of course, linux is always a free alternative.

I haved used linux before. Man, if more games supported I would be so happy :)

I haved used linux before. Man, if more games supported I would be so happy :)

You can still run games that are not natively supported by using WINE. you can easily do that by installing playonlinux. This guy customized it extremely well on the steamOS.

You can still run games that are not natively supported by using WINE. you can easily do that by installing playonlinux. This guy customized it extremely well on the steamOS.

It runs no where near as well as running it on a windows machine