System crashes, bad RAM?

Okay, long story short, I've recently built a new system. I did notice that, in some situations during Windows Setup, the screen would be missing part of itself. So there would be a black bar, say, through the BG of the Windows Installation screen--all while I was using onboard HDMI out. Sometimes it would be in random spots, sometimes it wouldn't. During the course Windows Setup, the system stopped booting, throwing random BSOD errors at me, (and sometimes no) errors at all. I'm not sure what it can be, and I've never really had to troubleshoot this kind of thing before.

I assumed it was RAM due to the erratic nature, so I decided to run memtest86 v4.3.7. Running it in different slots gives me different errors throughout the test. Is my RAM bad? I'd like to figure this out sooner rather than later, as my return period will be over soon. I have tried resetting BIOS to defaults, and everything is running at stock speeds. Attempting Windows 7 SP1 x64, and from what I can tell, there are no BIOS updates available.

Here is my current configuration. 

Intel Core i7 6700k

32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (2 x 16 GB)

ASUS Z170 Deluxe

ADATA Premier SP550 120 GB SSD

LSP Ultra 750W

This was supposed to be my Christmas gift to me, but now it seems I'll be spending Christmas without this machine. I appreciate any help or advice that anyone can give me, and I hope my post was thorough enough. Thank you!

Oh, and hi LTT community! :)

Edit: Made post shorter

Okay, long story short, I've recently built a new system. I popped an old drive in there, but my Windows install was damaged, so I tried running the usual recovery fun times using the Windows Setup disc. After being unsuccessful in getting Windows to boot, I decided to give up on this venture. I did notice that, in some situations, the screen would be missing part of itself. So there would be a black bar, say, through the BG of the Windows Installation screen--all while I was using onboard HDMI out. Sometimes it would be in random spots, sometimes it wouldn't. I bought an SSD and decided to install Windows on that, leaving my old HDD out of the system.

With only my new drive plugged in, Windows Setup freaks out. It BSODs before even booting up, throwing different (and sometimes no) errors at all. I'm not sure what it can be, and I've never really had to troubleshoot this kind of thing before. I assumed it was RAM due to the erratic nature, so I decided to run memtest86 v4.3.7. While it is still running at the time of the writing of this post, it has told me that Test 6 has a juicy 10589 errors. Is my RAM bad? I'd like to figure this out sooner rather than later, as my return period will be over soon. I have tried resetting BIOS to defaults, and I haven't tried overclocking anything. I wanted to be in Windows before I started tinkering around with that.

Here is my current configuration. 

Intel Core i7 6700k

32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (2 x 16 GB)

ASUS Z170 Deluxe

ADATA Premier SP550 120 GB SSD

This was supposed to be my Christmas gift to me, but now it seems I'll be spending Christmas without this machine.

I appreciate any help or advice that anyone can give me, and I hope my post was thorough enough. Thank you!

Oh, and hi LTT community! :)

Try seating the RAM in another slot, or using only 1 stick. Your RAM might be bad, but chances are one of the sticks will be fine. 

I've tried both sticks in different RAM slots, and Windows crashes in the same spot. I've put in an RMA for the RAM, but is there anything else that this could be?

wrong ram....... until,these 1151 boards came along you could use just about any ram in any board. now all of a sudden you can't. maybe the bios' are turds?

trying to use a disc with an old opsys on it from another build is almost taboo.

is the video hooked to the monitor? if not do it and pull the graphics card.

use 1 stick of ram farthest from the cpu.

do a cmos reset.

try to run........

shuts down at about the same spot......... cpu heat. reseat heatsink and fan.

power supply.......... old junk from another machine too? what is it?

The system runs fine in the BIOS, and I can run Memtest without any lockups. As soon as I try to boot into Windows, it blue screens and resets. Thermals are showing up as 26 C idle for CPU. My PSU is LSP Ultra 750W. Not the best thing in the world, but before I bought these components I tested it with a PSU tester and everything came in okay.

Edit: Running RAM in the furthest slot yields the same results. This time memtest gave me errors in test 2, at that point I cancelled out of it. The RAM also runs at 2133 and not 2400, so I'm not sure if compatibility is the real issue. It's also perplexing as to why my initial successful attempts at booting into the Windows Setup ever even happened considering I can't even get in now.

i guess my next question is ( thought i already did ) why are you using an old drive with the operating system installed on it instead of reformatting and installing new?

I wanted to see if I could recover any files off of it. As I mentioned in my first post, I'm no longer using that drive to try to boot into setup. I only brought it up to bring up the fact that I was able to get into Windows Setup, but now I can't.

the old drive shouldn't be near the machine until you get other stuff figured out. the ssd, you do or don't have windows installed on that (new )? ahci in the bios ?

you said corrupt or something like that. why not grab the opsys off the net and install it that way?

I'm no longer using my old drive. Again, as I mentioned, I'm using a blank SSD that I'm trying to install Windows on. The BIOS is set to load optimized defaults, just as it was when I was able to successfully get into the Windows Setup.

reset cmos. set ssd to ahci. make the dvd-rom 1st boot device/ssd 2nd/disable 3rd. F10/ENTER. let it reboot.

CMOS has been reset, and AHCI is set by default. It still blue screens.

I'm using the onboard HDMI out, to my monitor, both of which work fine. I don't have any other graphics cards to try, although with this being a memtest and RAM issue of some sort, I don't see how another monitor plays into this? I forgot to mention that not even Safe Mode works in this situation.

troubleshooting is easy from where you're sitting.

could be the ram.

did you reply to what PS you are using?

My graphics is onboard, provided by my Intel 6700k CPU. I don't see how that would be giving me RAM errors, PAGED_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA and telling me that Windows attempted to write in a read-only area of RAM. My PSU, again, is LSP Ultra 750W PSU, that I tested using a PSU tester before I purchased any components.

i guess the assistance you needed was for somebody to say "yes, your ram is shit"?

i guess the assistance you needed was for somebody to say "yes, your ram is shit"?

I don't appreciate the snarky attitude, and it certainly isn't making me feel very welcomed here.  I came here asking for help, because, two heads are better than one, and I expected courteous, and at the very least respectful responses from members here. Needless to say I'm very, very disappointed. I wanted some ideas as to what could be causing these errors I'm getting. A bad CPU? A bad motherboard? Could any of those be contributing factors? I certainly didn't expect someone to come out and give me Grinch attitude. I don't think Linus would call these forums less hostile than others on the internet if it wasn't true, and will just attribute your sour attitude to the time of year.

Now, I did try different slots, and all that seems to do is give me different errors in memtest, during different test every time I run it. I'm thinking it's any of the components I mentioned previously, which is why I need some help figuring out what's going on and why. I apologize, but I don't see the connection to my monitor when my RAM seems to be having funky times, and I would love to hear your reasoning.

didn't know you could change the title of a thread. something i'll keep in mind. i'm insulted too. good luck with it.

I think I'll end up doing that. Thanks for the assistance, and Happy Holidays!  :)