Could use some feedback on an app I made

Evil Genius Jr.

I've been working on an app for a while and I've finally got it into the beta stage. I would love it if you guys could provide some criticisms and suggestions for me to implement in future releases. Here's a copy of the description from the play store:

Looking for a place to meet between you and friends? TASSA has you covered. TASSA will locate restaurants, theaters, parks and more between you and up to two additional friends. Simply enter your locations and select your desired category and TASSA will provide you with options.

Here's the link to sign up for the open Beta: 

Thanks for any feedback you guys can provide!

P.S. It's US only for the time being due to api limitations, sorry :/

Link to app is broken

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Link to app is broken

Google takes a while to activate it once you sign up for testing. Maybe an hour or so.

Google maps has that built in..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Google maps has that built in..

Google maps has it for one location, but it's not able to intelligently find places in-between multiple addresses.

Google maps has it for one location, but it's not able to intelligently find places in-between multiple addresses.

is it that hard to click on somewhere between three addresses and use gmaps?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

is it that hard to click on somewhere between three addresses and use gmaps?

Honestly no, but this is more exact, and I believe simpler to use.

• 2 weeks later...

it works nicely!  if i were you though, i would set it up with a friends list type deal where you can just click your friends name instead of putting in the address manually.  it worked nice for me and called out all the popular spots. i was surprised.  Good job!

it works nicely!  if i were you though, i would set it up with a friends list type deal where you can just click your friends name instead of putting in the address manually.  it worked nice for me and called out all the popular spots. i was surprised.  Good job!

Thanks! A feature like that is in the works, along with four and five locations, but first I'm trying to focus on an iOS version and small bug fixes.

Joined the test and then remembered that my device doesn't get google play D: I am interested to see where this goes though

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

Both name and design needs work (considered Google's design language?)

Both name and design needs work (considered Google's design language?)

Thanks for the input!

I agree the design needs work, the app does actually follow most of the material design guidelines, and it would be hard (and kinda pointless) to implement a card based UI. Do you have any specifics on the UI besides that? I agree it needs changing, I just can't pinpoint how.

• 7 months later...

Raising this thread from the dead, but I updated the back-end so it is now much faster. Also did some minor UI improvements. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tassa

It is now also available on the Apple App Store! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tassa/id1137767447?ls=1&mt=8

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

On 12/22/2015 at 9:00 PM, Evil Genius Jr. said:

I've been working on an app for a while and I've finally got it into the beta stage. I would love it if you guys could provide some criticisms and suggestions for me to implement in future releases. Here's a copy of the description from the play store:

Looking for a place to meet between you and friends? TASSA has you covered. TASSA will locate restaurants, theaters, parks and more between you and up to two additional friends. Simply enter your locations and select your desired category and TASSA will provide you with options.

Here's the link to sign up for the open Beta: 

Thanks for any feedback you guys can provide!

P.S. It's US only for the time being due to api limitations, sorry :/

I haven't tried it yet, and people say this is already exists in Google maps. But I want to pat you on your back for the effort - that's what matters, not originality. Keep it up!

Nothing to see here ;)

16 minutes ago, Anand_Geforce said:

I haven't tried it yet, and people say this is already exists in Google maps. But I want to pat you on your back for the effort - that's what matters, not originality. Keep it up!

Thank you!

did you post this a while a go? I think I remember some app like this being posted somewhere. Would love to help out but windows phone I'm afraid.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

5 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

did you post this a while a go? I think I remember some app like this being posted somewhere. Would love to help out but windows phone I'm afraid.

Yes this is the original thread from a while ago. Just added an iOS version. 

18 minutes ago, Evil Genius Jr. said:

Yes this is the original thread from a while ago. Just added an iOS version. 

if you ever release a windows universal version let me know.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

7 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

if you ever release a windows universal version let me know.

Okay sounds good I will, thanks!