Changing GPU from AMD to NVIDIA (Drives)

I’m gonna change my GPU, Asus R9 270X, to an Asus GTX 980Ti. And I don’t know how to uninstall the AMD Drives and install the NVIDIA drives. Can somebody help me? 

Riot NoHigh5/jcarlos314

add/remove programs. then shut down. pull old card/install new card. boot up/let windows find card/install pre-downloaded nvidia drivers.

Moved to Graphics Cards.

Use Display Driver Uninstaller to remove your AMD drivers, but before you do that, make sure you have the NVIDIA drivers downloaded to your PC in some form.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

i gotta say here., personally i think these extra programs are not worth it to people who don't know what they are doing. before you know it drivers other than the ones related to or installed with the graphics drivers will disappear and new problems arise. that's why i say add/remove programs. no sense in over doing it especially when dealing with newbs.

i gotta say here., personally i think these extra programs are not worth it to people who don't know what they are doing. before you know it drivers other than the ones related to or installed with the graphics drivers will disappear and new problems arise. that's why i say add/remove programs. no sense in over doing it especially when dealing with newbs.

Using Display Driver Uninstaller is easy and gets rid of everything about the drivers.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You mean the AMD Clean Uninstall tool? It's literally a couple clicks. My four year old niece could do it.

there's actually a program that won't grab up motherboard drivers with everything else?

So.... What should I do then? 

Run the AMD Clean Uninstall that I linked and then install Nvidia's drivers. Simply uninstalling it from the control panel will leave unnecessary files on your system that you'll want removed.

there's actually a program that won't grab up motherboard drivers with everything else?

Nope, I use DDU every time I switch vendors or I am having issues and want a clean slate for GPU drivers to be installed on.

DDU just gets rid of all traces of whatever GPU vendor you choose to uninstall. I have Intel iGPU drivers that never get uninstalled when I use DDU and haven't noticed anything else gone missing.