SSD help

TitanXYZ
Go to solution Solved by UL_42L,

So I currently only have a hard drive and I am really impatient when it comes to loading times. It is 2tb and ive used about 1.2tb of it so far, so my question is what is a good 2tb ssd? and will it be worth the time of completely cloning the hard drive and transferring everything over to the ssd?

Uh... I don't know if one of those exists. You'd be better off only putting your OS and a few programs on an SSD.

So I currently only have a hard drive and I am really impatient when it comes to loading times. It is 2tb and ive used about 1.2tb of it so far, so my question is what is a good 2tb ssd? and will it be worth the time of completely cloning the hard drive and transferring everything over to the ssd?

Uh... I don't know if one of those exists. You'd be better off only putting your OS and a few programs on an SSD.

Thy hath sinneth, and in thy life thou hast fallen to an unholy, unspeakable level of humanity. Thou hast given into your basest needs. And suffered many years under thine Satan-box. However, if thine be willing, as thy hast show yourself to be, thy can ascendeth into thy glorious fold of the glorious church. Go well, my brother, may your temps be low and your frames high. ~ MrDynamicMan

2 TB SSD? Thats a thing? I think you would be better off getting an 850 EVO or one of those PCI-E SSDs if you have a bigger wallet.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 3.4ghz CPU COOLER: Cryorig H7 w/ Red Corsair SP120mm  MOBO: MSI SLI Krait Edition Z170 MEMORY: G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb (2x4) Storage: Kingston V300 120gb, WD 1TB GPU: MSI R9 390X CASE: Phantom 410 (ew) PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Modular 550w CASE FANS: 4 CORSAIR SP120mm MONITOR: LG 25UM67 KEYBOARD: Das4 Ultimate Cherry MX Blue MOUSE: Deathadder Chroma Left-Handed AUDIO: Sennheiser HD598 Black, Astro A40s

2 TB SSD? Thats a thing? I think you would be better off getting an 850 EVO or one of those PCI-E SSDs if you have a bigger wallet.

Apparently, those are a thing.

They cost MORE THAN MY ENTIRE FUCKING ENTRY RIG WILL.

Thy hath sinneth, and in thy life thou hast fallen to an unholy, unspeakable level of humanity. Thou hast given into your basest needs. And suffered many years under thine Satan-box. However, if thine be willing, as thy hast show yourself to be, thy can ascendeth into thy glorious fold of the glorious church. Go well, my brother, may your temps be low and your frames high. ~ MrDynamicMan