How to disable windows 10 spyware

xgn

Hello i just stumbled across something interesting. I upgraded to windows 10 recently.

You need to go to  Run - > msconfig , enter

Then you go to startup elements find microsoft skydrive and disable it. I don't think its a good idea to delete anything. Once you done that restart.

The logs which is sent to microsoft is here C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\logs

I disabled all tracking and it still made new logs.

I've not watched the whole video, but Barnacules has a video on disabling Windows 10 "Spying" settings. 

You do realize that the only information Microsoft take are for diagnostics and not "spying on you"... the ONLY except to this is if you actively use Cortana, then it requires use of personal information to make it more useful. But seriously this whole Windows 10 spying on you thing is being blown way out of proportion ever since the public beta WAS spying on you for again bug fixing but was removed after it went public.

You should check out how much Information Facebook/Google have on you. Windows takes a very small amount of personal data if you use Cortana and thats it.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

It sees you when you're sleeping, it knows when you're awake, it knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake. AND IT'S NAME IS CORTANA, DU DU DU DUNNNNNNNNNN

You do realize that the only information Microsoft take are for diagnostics and not "spying on you".

..and its resetting privacy settings to default on every update is just a bug,

Sounds like you've been drinking the koolaid.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Hello i just stumbled across something interesting. I upgraded to windows 10 recently.

You need to go to  Run - > msconfig , enter

Then you go to startup elements find microsoft skydrive and disable it. I don't think its a good idea to delete anything. Once you done that restart.

The logs which is sent to microsoft is here C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\logs

I disabled all tracking and it still made new logs.

Log file is not tracking. It is for diagnostic purposes. That is when you go and say "OneDrive is not syncing my files, why?", then I get to say "Check the log files, what does it say", then you go "Corrupted file 'abcd.xyz' unable to read for sycing' (for example), and I'll tell you to remove it and the syncing continues.

Log file is not tracking. It is for diagnostic purposes. That is when you go and say "OneDrive is not syncing my files, why?", then I get to say "Check the log files, what does it say", then you go "Corrupted file 'abcd.xyz' unable to read for sycing' (for example), and I'll tell you to remove it and the syncing continues.

If i wanted to be diagnosed i let them know its just like real life every psychiatrist have their own interpretation which is wrong.

I've not watched the whole video, but Barnacules has a video on disabling Windows 10 "Spying" settings.

It is filled with miss information, and uses a buggy software that does nothing more than what he did manually in the Settings panel, and to blinded by it due to his continuous hatred of Microsoft for loosing his job, even though Microsoft offered him one after kicking him out (Microsoft removed the Software Developer in Test team. In the Engineering world, everyone is on contract, and salary, usually. So the only way to move a person in position, is to fire them. They all got a very generous severance package. Many people re-applies at other positions. So in the end, they got made money for this inconvenience. But Jerry decided to let go his awesome job to be a YouTuber (not the wises moved. Usually people that work at big really companies, stay there, because it was a huge pain to get in, with luck involved, and people tend to not leave due to the massive wage and benefits they get).

You do realize that the only information Microsoft take are for diagnostics and not "spying on you"... the ONLY except to this is if you actively use Cortana, then it requires use of personal information to make it more useful. But seriously this whole Windows 10 spying on you thing is being blown way out of proportion ever since the public beta WAS spying on you for again bug fixing but was removed after it went public.

You should check out how much Information Facebook/Google have on you. Windows takes a very small amount of personal data if you use Cortana and thats it.

This is not confirmed, it is merely what MS says on its own behalf - and therefore is not a valid argument. And MS has a history of using its ability to peer into people's data for self-serving purposes (and of breaking its word that it will not do so). Letting a corporation have full access and capability to look into your data, and relying on the honour system that it will not do so (when it has done so in the past, and admits it is currently doing so to varying degrees) is nuts.

Also, the ambiguity surrounding modern MS policy, Windows updates, spying and telemetry, isn't for no purpose. MS does not want the specifics to be understood and looked at, and has created a carefully designed buffer fog around what they're doing.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

For disabling Windows 10 telemetry, try following this guide: http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-disable-telemetry-and-data-collection-in-windows-10/

I haven't done it myself yet, and can't confirm its success, but I will be doing it the next time I boot into Windows 10.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

It is filled with miss information, and uses a buggy software that does nothing more than what he did manually in the Settings panel, and to blinded by it due to his continuous hatred of Microsoft for loosing his job, even though Microsoft offered him one after kicking him out (Microsoft removed the Software Developer in Test team. In the Engineering world, everyone is on contract, and salary, usually. So the only way to move a person in position, is to fire them. They all got a very generous severance package. Many people re-applies at other positions. So in the end, they got made money for this inconvenience. But Jerry decided to let go his awesome job to be a YouTuber (not the wises moved. Usually people that work at big really companies, stay there, because it was a huge pain to get in, with luck involved, and people tend to not leave due to the massive wage and benefits they get).

I could not agree with this more, its a bigoted man spewing misinformation about a previous company. First rule of working in the IT sector is to never burn your bridges and he has done that.

So long as you disable Cortana and its settings the rest of the diagnostic settings are fine and collect no personal information. I stress again go find out how much Information Google/Facebook/Twitter have on you. When a product is free that means YOU are the product.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I stress again go find out how much Information Google/Facebook/Twitter have on you.

I don't find this to be relevant to the matter of Windows 10 data collection. Internet services collect information when you venture into the online environment to use their services. Microsoft's data collection happens within the environment of your own OS. It's like being expected to pay for something you take off a shelf in a store versus being expected to pay for something you take off the shelf in your own home. The same mindset and rules don't apply in personal and private environments that they do in public environments.

"When a product is free that means YOU are the product."

So what about people who buy retail, or those running a bought copy Windows 7 / 8, which MS has done its best to force installation of data collection updates upon? And if I am unwilling to be a corporation's product, where do I get my non-invasive, non ad-supported, non data-collecting version of Windows, which I will gladly pay up front for?

So long as you disable Cortana and its settings the rest of the diagnostic settings are fine and collect no personal information. I stress again go find out how much Information Google/Facebook/Twitter have on you. When a product is free that means YOU are the product.

Windows ten is free, so "You are the product".

But if MS knows nothing about you, what is there they could possibly sell about you?

Personal opinion :-

Methhinks they are collecting a LOT of information about everyone .  We as techies know how to disable (if we want) all this info gathering but 99.99% of the general population will not know nor care this stuff goes on.

"This too shall pass"

that does nothing more than what he did manually in the Settings panel,

And all the stuff in the registry.

"This too shall pass"

I don't find this to be relevant to the matter of Windows 10 data collection. Internet services collect information when you venture into the online environment to use their services. Microsoft's data collection happens within the environment of your own OS. It's like being expected to pay for something you take off a shelf in a store versus being expected to pay for something you take off the shelf in your own home. The same mindset and rules don't apply in personal and private environments that they do in public environments.

"When a product is free that means YOU are the product."

So what about people who buy retail, or those running a bought copy Windows 7 / 8, which MS has done its best to force installation of data collection updates upon? And if I am unwilling to be a corporation's product, where do I get my non-invasive, non ad-supported, non data-collecting version of Windows, which I will gladly pay up front for?

The thing is that Microsoft's OS is becoming more and more cloud based and this means you are almost always on an online environment. Be it Apps,Cortana, online accounts or service optimization, meaning you ARE using the services almost all the time... its no different than going on Twitter or Facebook.

You only ever licence Microsofts product you never own it meaning you have to agree to rules, some of thoose rules allows for collection of data to aid in the running of the software... 

"And if I am unwilling to be a corporation's product, where do I get my non-invasive, non ad-supported, non data-collecting version of Windows"

You dont, go use something else... simple as that. While you at it you may as well throw your phone away because thats collecting information about you in the same way.

I could not agree with this more, its a bigoted man spewing misinformation about a previous company. First rule of working in the IT sector is to never burn your bridges and he has done that.

While you at it you may as well throw your phone away because thats collecting information about you in the same way.

post-52142-0-41901700-1450668216.jpg