High-End Rig But Bad Performance

SawmanTheNerd

My rig has a i7-5930k(over-clocked) and Dual GTX 980TIs(refrence) and a 1000w 80plus gold psu. Problem is that im getting alot and i mean a TONNNNNN of stuttering in games like Spintires, GTA 5, Just Cause 3, and Shadow of mordor. Ive done the whole "try updating your geforce drivers thing a billion times and nothing has happened any suggestions would mean alot- thank you!

Oh and the reference cards im going to install a hybrid kit on them both so that should fix any heat issuses if thats what anyone suspects it is

It could be stuttering on your monitor, what resolution do you play at?

TheGrim123321

CPU: I3-4170Cooler: Hyper TX3Mobo:Biostar B85MGMemory: G.Skill Ripjaw 2x4GBStorage: Barracuda 500GBGPU: Zotac GTX660Case: Fractal 1100PSU: Evga 500WMonitors: FHX2153L 21.5"│V193WEJb 19"Keyboard/Mouse: CMStorm DevastorAudio: MonoPrice 8323Microphone: BlueYeti BlackoutOS: MSX(Win10) Quote me or @TheGrim123321 to get my attention.

Disable hyper-threading.

Play game.

Then re-enable and turn off SLI.

Play game.

Come back to us on any differences.

Hyper-threading and SLI have been known to cause stuttering.

Assuming you're not using some 1080p 60Hz panel without G-Sync.

You're on an ASUS ROG Swift.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

My rig has a i7-5930k(over-clocked) and Dual GTX 980TIs(refrence) and a 1000w 80plus gold psu. Problem is that im getting alot and i mean a TONNNNNN of stuttering in games like Spintires, GTA 5, Just Cause 3, and Shadow of mordor. Ive done the whole "try updating your geforce drivers thing a billion times and nothing has happened any suggestions would mean alot- thank you!

you play spintires thats what forum i came from. also if it is 4k i would almost guarantee that it is a resolution problem 

CPU: i5 4690k  (overclocked to 4.3ghz)             CPU Cooler: Cryorig h7                 MOBO:  Msi Z97 pc mate             RAM: 8GB HyperX 1600 blue

GPU: rx480  4gb                                                 CASE: Corsair Spec-01 red              OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 500   watt                                       SSD:    v60gb Mushkin ssd                HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

i have a 6700k and 980ti hybrid's in sli and i have zero stutter in the games you mentioned. I use a ROG swift too. 

FYI Just Cause 3 doesn't actually support SLI, even though it says it does. Usage of second card is 0, you actually get better performance disabling SLI in that game.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

Disable hyper-threading.

Play game.

Then re-enable and turn off SLI.

Play game.

Come back to us on any differences.

Hyper-threading and SLI have been known to cause stuttering.

Assuming you're not using some 1080p 60Hz panel without G-Sync.

You're on an ASUS ROG Swift.

Ok i tested both of those solutions and narrowed it down to SLI being the stutter. Before sli was off i was getting anywhere from 78-110fps but had horrible stuttering and after turning sli off i had horrible fps witch i expected but it ran smooth. so is there any way to fix the stuttering that is caused by sli? Oh and the game i tested was GTA V.

Ok i tested both of those solutions and narrowed it down to SLI being the stutter. Before sli was off i was getting anywhere from 78-110fps but had horrible stuttering and after turning sli off i had horrible fps witch i expected but it ran smooth. so is there any way to fix the stuttering that is caused by sli? Oh and the game i tested was GTA V.

Unfortunately, them's the brakes buddy.

It more so depends on the games you play, GTA V being one of them, but at least you've narrowed down the problem.

I think some people have optimization guides.

Here's something i've found you might be interested in.

"If you ain't first, you're last"