Need Help on Choosing Monitor Ports

So I just recently bought a GTX 960 it comes with Dual link DVI, Display Port and HDMI. My monitor only has VGA connector , so should I buy a DVI cable? or is it better to buy a DVI to HDMI cable?. Thanks for the help. 

So I just recently bought a GTX 960 it comes with Dual link DVI, Display Port and HDMI. My monitor only has VGA connector , so should I buy a DVI cable? or is it better to buy a DVI to HDMI cable?. Thanks for the help. 

Anything will work since vga is outdated. 

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters%C2%AE-Gold-Plated-DisplayPort/dp/B005RISB3S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1450590922&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=vga+to+displayport&psc=1

Thank you for the replies. I failed to mention that the monitor has VGA and DVI-D ports but has only VGA cable, anyway Thank you again for the help.

Thank you for the replies. I failed to mention that the monitor has VGA and DVI-D ports but has only VGA cable, anyway Thank you again for the help.

If your monitor has a DVI port then you should use that. The quality will be much better.

-アパゾ

If your monitor has a DVI port then you should use that. The quality will be much better.

Thank you for the reply, I am currently using the DVI port. Everything is running fine but the AC/DC adapter produce a static sound when it is being moved after that the screen turns black in few seconds and it said that I should adjust the settings for it may cause a screen burn in. Do you guys have idea on how can I fix this problem. Thank you.