Shrinkless Sleeve - Quick and Dirty Method

mattlef

Awesome guide! No I'm tempted to sleeve my cables too. :D

How much does it cost to sleeve a PC? Ive got 5 cables + 24 pin + 8 pin on my PSU. Sleeves + shrink wrap + removal tool. ? Also (how) do you sleeve other system cables like the ones for the pront panel connector? They are very thin and fiddly. Or even very thick (USB 3.0). Same goes for SATA cables.

Can't help you too much with your second question but I know there are specific tools to do the pinning. With the cost though, I got 200ft of paracord in two colors off ebay for $12 shipped. The tool is like $15 from a local store of mine. Shrink wrap was $4

Check out MDPC in Germany but they are expensive. 

Awesome guide! No I'm tempted to sleeve my cables too. :D

Also (how) do you sleeve other system cables like the ones for the pront panel connector? They are very thin and fiddly. Or even very thick (USB 3.0). Same goes for SATA cables.

You can get SATA - specific size shrink from MDPC i believe; not sure on the others but pretty sure standard 770 paracord (if you want to go paracord route) would fit USB3 cables. 

• 2 months later...

Can't help you too much with your second question but I know there are specific tools to do the pinning. With the cost though, I got 200ft of paracord in two colors off ebay for $12 shipped. The tool is like $15 from a local store of mine. Shrink wrap was $4

Check out MDPC in Germany but they are expensive. 

You can also check out dazmode.com His sleeve is quite good too. Very tight weave.

Personal Social Media:
Instagram    Twitter    Youtube

I saw your face and was like :OOO It's Matt from the DAM Good Show!

As for the video, maybe shorten the intro? I like the music and all, but I felt awkward watching it due to the length. Maybe some animation would also remedy the issue while keeping the length.

btw, you're probably one of my favorite people on youtube.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

I agree with the guy above me. I feel like the intro is a bit too long. Besides that, the video is excellent. Good quality and nice explanation, I will subscribe right away.

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @ 3.8 GHz | Gigabyte 870A-USB3 | Kingston ValueRAM 2x2GB 1333 MHz | ASUS nVidia ENGTX460 1 GB | Corsair H60 

Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced Edition | Toshiba 1 TB HDD | Logitech G300 | Cheapo Keyboard | Genius GX Gaming Lychas | SteelSeries Qck Mass Le White

I saw your face and was like :OOO It's Matt from the DAM Good Show!

As for the video, maybe shorten the intro? I like the music and all, but I felt awkward watching it due to the length. Maybe some animation would also remedy the issue while keeping the length.

btw, you're probably one of my favorite people on youtube.

I agree with the guy above me. I feel like the intro is a bit too long. Besides that, the video is excellent. Good quality and nice explanation, I will subscribe right away.

I dont think I'll be posting on that channel anymore :) mostly on the one you guys see me most often.

But what i can promise is that my editing etc will get better soon ;) no more dragging intros ;)

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm humbled!

Personal Social Media:

I don't know very much about sleeving cables, but did you strip your wires before you put the sleeving on?  Just curious because I would like to try this myself.

My PC specs: 

CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 GHz    Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB @ 1866MHz    GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 770 ACX (2-way sli)    Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 (black)    Storage: 128 GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot drive)WD Green 1 TB storage drive    PSU: Corsair RM 850w    Display: BenQ XL2420TE    Cooling: Corsair H100, 5 Noctua NF-F12s    Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate    Mouse: SteelSeries Rival    Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50s  THIS STATEMENT IS YELLOW

I don't know very much about sleeving cables, but did you strip your wires before you put the sleeving on?  Just curious because I would like to try this myself.

Nope, no need to strip at all.

The sleeve just goes over each individual wire. If they come "pre sleeved" with that ugly uni-sleeve, you need to cut it off.... but outside of that, no real cable mutilation is really required :)

Personal Social Media:

Nope, no need to strip at all.

The sleeve just goes over each individual wire. If they come "pre sleeved" with that ugly uni-sleeve, you need to cut it off.... but outside of that, no real cable mutilation is really required :)

Wow, if this is the case then I have no reason to not do this!  Thanks for the tutorial, by the way.

My PC specs: 

CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 GHz    Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB @ 1866MHz    GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 770 ACX (2-way sli)    Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 (black)    Storage: 128 GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot drive)WD Green 1 TB storage drive    PSU: Corsair RM 850w    Display: BenQ XL2420TE    Cooling: Corsair H100, 5 Noctua NF-F12s    Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate    Mouse: SteelSeries Rival    Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50s  THIS STATEMENT IS YELLOW

Hey Everyone,

I made this video for my build log, but i thought id share it here as well, in case some of you have not seen it and wanted to find a quick and easy way to sleeve your cables.

Please let me know if there are any questions or concerns,

Leave comments as well !

I was also wondering how you stop the cable getting tangled.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree!