Security Camera Setup

Clanscorpia

Hello,

My grandpa wants me to find get him a system for use in his butcher shop. He wants a camera in the production room as there was some troubles with Listeria so we want to show people the production room. We want a smokeproof (Theres a smokehouse in the room we want to survey), rotatable (So you can push a button to change where the camera is looking, and it would preferably be controlled by a panel on the wall with buttons that control the rotation(Mostly presets)), and must be able to broadcast to a TV upstairs which I have access to. How could I do this? I was thinking connecting it to a rasberry pi? Maybe a Makey Makey for the panel. Prebuilt would be nice but I can build stuff (I'd actually prefer to but it's also better to have a professional make it :P). He doesn't need storage for the footage, this is not the main security system, he already has one of those. Thanks

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Either a wireless ip camera with ptz so it can be controlled by the phone. The other will be a hard wired one, but for this, it needs a dvr, and rest of the ptz parts to make it work. Will it the camera see in a smoke room? For that ask the support people from where your buying.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I'd prefer hard wirder so we can have a control panel, not controlled by a phone. It's dangerous to take a phone out in those enviroments, you'd ruin it very quickly

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Eh.so i would use a infrared camera for the smoke and having it be hooked up to a recording dvr. do you want screens to view the stream?

Oh? Well hello there! Notice me please!

Specs!

CPU: A AMD A10 APU

HDD: like, 1 terabyte

RAM: 2x4 gig sticks of kingston DDR3

GPU: heheh- the amd A10 APU with radeon graphics oh wow

PSU: What ever is inside this thing

MOBO: same thing as the psu

Hah. this is my laptop. spooked.

Moved to Photo/Video.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Why don't you simply contact a security company or Audio/Visuals company and have them set one up for you?

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer