Dell contemplates shipping Chinese PC's with Ubuntu kylin OS by default.

LOGO.png  LOGO%20kylin.jpg

Canonical is eager to install Ubuntu kylin on all dell pc's that are destined for the chines public.

“When domestic users purchase Dell notebooks or desktops, what they’ll buy is already pre-installed with Ubuntu Kylin,”

Dell and Canonical are global partners for a while now, Dell has already offered laptops with Ubuntu but never on such a large scale.

Ubuntu kylin is a variation of the popular Linux distro Ubuntu that focuses on the Chinese marked.

The OS is official supported by Chinese government who want it to be the reference OS in China. 

Kylin.png

(Ubunty Kylin)

Source:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2047620/canonical-looking-to-tap-dell-to-promote-chinese-version-of-ubuntu-os.html

https://tweakers.net/nieuws/90952/dell-gaat-pcs-met-ubuntu-in-china-mogelijk-breed-in-de-markt-zetten.html

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Finally! I can't wait for Ubuntu to become more mainstream, because I would have already switched, but there is so many compatibility issues that it becomes complicated

This sounds like it will be a positive thing. I think that more people embracing Linux would only serve to advance technological development... As long as people stay away from my favourite Linux distro's backtrack/Kali

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Ubuntu kylin is a Linus OS made by Canonical that is supported by the Chinese government. 

A linus OX. It has too many glitches.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

LINUX REVOLUTION!!! Seriously ^_^ Ubuntu is my favourite distro and I'm glad Dell is going to be promoting this; all we need is to get some of the less technological people using Ubuntu as their distro demanding support for it and BAM! Linux support for everyone ^_^

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

LINUX REVOLUTION!!! Seriously ^_^ Ubuntu is my favourite distro and I'm glad Dell is going to be promoting this; all we need is to get some of the less technological people using Ubuntu as their distro demanding support for it and BAM! Linux support for everyone ^_^

Boom, Linux brofist

And now, all rise for our National Anthem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sJUDx7iEJw

• 3 weeks later...

LOGO.png  LOGO%20kylin.jpg

Canonical is eager to install Ubuntu kylin on all dell pc's that are destined for the chines public.

Dell and Canonical are global partners for a while now, Dell has already offered laptops with Ubuntu but never on such a large scale.

Ubuntu kylin is a variation of the popular Linux distro Ubuntu that focuses on the Chinese marked.

The OS is official supported by Chinese government who want it to be the reference OS in China. 

Kylin.png

(Ubunty Kylin)

Source:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2047620/canonical-looking-to-tap-dell-to-promote-chinese-version-of-ubuntu-os.html

https://tweakers.net/nieuws/90952/dell-gaat-pcs-met-ubuntu-in-china-mogelijk-breed-in-de-markt-zetten.html

it would be fine if there wasn't spyware on Ubuntu. That being said if its going to china Amazon probably wont get shit out off them.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Yes. maybe it will get microsoft to stop sitting around and actually make some improvements to windows so that their market share doesn't fall. Then again there will probably be much more software for linux so I might switch completely.

tbh i think chrome os will be more mainstream before linux non techies dont know what linux is :S