How good is this temp gun?

AllHokage

Looking to pick up a temp gun really cheap off ebay and found this for $18AUD. Was wondering is this a decent temp gun for reading heat from pc parts or PS4.

Don't want to spend like $100 on something I won't use all the time...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Digital-Non-Contact-Infrared-IR-Thermometer-Temperature-Laser-Gun-50-to-330-/311407423099

Might add this later...

Q: How can I return the item? 
A: If you are not satisfied with the item, please email us first to check the  problems with the item. We also accept a return, but please do confirm all the  accessories with the item.

Return it if it's useless, I guess.

If you want something that will be accurate, look for one with adjustable emissivity.

Without it, your temperatures will be consistent on the same object, but not necessarily accurate.

This will be most apparent measuring metals, fixed ones at 0.95 are pretty good for wood, plastic (depending a bit on gloss and color), rubber, skin, and water

Check out www.sparkfun.com/products/10830

If you want something that will be accurate, look for one with adjustable emissivity.

Without it, your temperatures will be consistent on the same object, but not necessarily accurate.

This will be most apparent measuring metals, fixed ones at 0.95 are pretty good for wood, plastic (depending a bit on gloss and color), rubber, skin, and water

Check out www.sparkfun.com/products/10830

Well I know hardly anything as said above, so I'm going to be using it mostly on my PS4, PC metal parks ect.

So would 0.95 still be good (don't care if 1 degree off)?

Might add this later...

It's not a matter of a degree or two, but of dozens of degrees depending on the surface you're reading. I'll grab you some additional info when I'm back at my laptop in a bit. It's easy to deal with but if you want accurate measurements on say, and aluminum heatsink, you'll need emissivity adjustment.