Creating a website, have a few questions

Moondrelor

Hey fella's.

So I have a few questions.

I'm trying to make a website for my business on Square Space.

Here is what I have questions about.

Tax Registration ID? What would I need this for? What is it exactly?

Return Policy? I've never ran a business before, what would be a good return policy?

Terms of Service? Hell I've never read this in my life, what exactly does my Terms of Service need to be, say, or state?

Privacy Policy? I have no idea what needs to be here as well...

Advice would be great guys, I appreciate all the help.

The business is selling custom built computers.

Do I need a licenses of any form to sell my own computers?

Hey fella's.

Return Policy? I've never ran a business before, what would be a good return policy?

Terms of Service? Hell I've never read this in my life, what exactly does my Terms of Service need to be, say, or state?

if you earn money this way, you have to have a business i think, that's where the tax thing comes from i think

Hey fella's.

Do I need a licenses of any form to sell my own computers?

I'll message you after work, I do all this stuff on the side and have done 4 years of business courses. I get out in 6 hours.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Hey fella's.

1: Tax registration is so you can pay tax for the items you sell

2: AKA a Warranty

3: If you are using it for business make sure you read it through, they can cheap you out.

4: Privacy Policy has to do with you and your customers identity.

I have a weebly that i made right here if you would like a design reference, its a gaming review site but maybe you cant to something with it 

lesserknownreviews.weebly.com

It looks as if the peasants have risen up, and found swords!

But their sword's look a little short, if you know what I mean!

Good! The squires need training anyway!

Hey fella's.

If you do not have a business, and business tax ID, dont continue with this (especially in the US) without getting one first, IRS will be talking to you real shortly at tax time if they find out. Do it legal.

The rest is normal stuff. Most allow 14 or 30 days to return.You can do whatever you want if you own the business, no returns for example.

TOS, read some of them. Take the pieces you like and revamp them to your needs. Be sure not to copy paste them cause it could not apply or get you in trouble as well.

Privacy Policy, See TOS advice.

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

If you do not have a business, and business tax ID, dont continue with this (especially in the US) without getting one first, IRS will be talking to you real shortly at tax time if they find out. Do it legal.

The rest is normal stuff. Most allow 14 or 30 days to return.You can do whatever you want if you own the business, no returns for example.

TOS, read some of them. Take the pieces you like and revamp them to your needs. Be sure not to copy paste them cause it could not apply or get you in trouble as well.

Privacy Policy, See TOS advice.

Well I plan to make this a legit business and a good bit of my income I hope.

What do I need to do to make this a legitimate company so that I can sell things?

I really don't want to get into legal trouble trying to start my company. I want to do the appropriate steps.

I'll message you after work, I do all this stuff on the side and have done 4 years of business courses. I get out in 6 hours.

I look forward to talking to you Jack :)

Well I plan to make this a legit business and a good bit of my income I hope.

What do I need to do to make this a legitimate company so that I can sell things?

I really don't want to get into legal trouble trying to start my company. I want to do the appropriate steps.

You have to register as a business. I dont personally know how to do this. Jack might. I would look around online and see what you can find, I had a friend who did this with a computer business, so if you need help, maybe i can talk to him.

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

You have to register as a business. I dont personally know how to do this. Jack might. I would look around online and see what you can find, I had a friend who did this with a computer business, so if you need help, maybe i can talk to him.

Do you know if it's going to cost anything to register my business?

Do you know if it's going to cost anything to register my business?

Not much if anything. I dont know off hand, and its different from state to state. I know you will have to do taxes on the business, so be prepared for that. As for up front cost, i dont think its much at all. 

You should be able to go to your local city hall, and register your business for around $10. So long as you're over the age of 18 otherwise no need adult there to sign off with you.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Not much if anything. I dont know off hand, and its different from state to state. I know you will have to do taxes on the business, so be prepared for that. As for up front cost, i dont think its much at all. 

There is no building as of yet, I think it's going to start off as just a website until I see good business, then I might stick it out and head to a bank, show them my profits on the business, and explain to them why I'd like to grow in size.

You should be able to go to your local city hall, and register your business for around $10. So long as you're over the age of 18 otherwise no need adult there to sign off with you.

Ah, not bad then.

If you are really serious about starting a business, you probably want to talk to a Lawyer and Accountant about these questions.

As far as incorporating your business goes*, it costs very little and you can check out a site like this: http://www.usa-corporate.com/starting-a-new-business-in-the-us/choice-of-state-incorporation/

An LLC would be the standard type to go for.

Seriously, though, go for like an hour's appointment each with a lawyer and an accountant just to go over things. It's pretty complicated stuff and it will really help to have professional advice for how to start out.

* you don't have to do this, you can operate as a private individual, but it is a good idea as it means you will not personally be liable for any of the business's debts, plus it is easier to raise capital by selling equity

If you are really serious about starting a business, you probably want to talk to a Lawyer and Accountant about these questions.

As far as incorporating your business goes*, it costs very little and you can check out a site like this: http://www.usa-corporate.com/starting-a-new-business-in-the-us/choice-of-state-incorporation/

An LLC would be the standard type to go for.

Seriously, though, go for like an hour's appointment each with a lawyer and an accountant just to go over things. It's pretty complicated stuff and it will really help to have professional advice for how to start out.

* you don't have to do this, you can operate as a private individual, but it is a good idea as it means you will not personally be liable for any of the business's debts, plus it is easier to raise capital by selling equity

The person I chatted with there was a pleasure to talk to, thank you for the helpful link.

I'll be speaking with someone further on the business in a few days!

The person I chatted with there was a pleasure to talk to, thank you for the helpful link.

I'll be speaking with someone further on the business in a few days!

Glad to be of help! I have thought about setting up a similar sort of business in the past. I have absolutely no capital to invest in it, though, unfortunately.

Best of luck with it!

Glad to be of help! I have thought about setting up a similar sort of business in the past. I have absolutely no capital to invest in it, though, unfortunately.

Best of luck with it!

I don't have any capital to start a store yet, but I'm hoping I can scrap up enough to legally sell online and have everything set so nothing back fires on me, then grow my revenue which would be used to go to the banks asking for a loan to build the building :)