10x my actualy download speed (for real too?)

Master Disaster

Downloading Elite Dangerous Horizons and the speed is showing as the following

post-153490-0-39435900-1450359122_thumb.

Now my speed is supposed to be 40Mbps or usually around 3.8MBps but as you can see that clearly shows 40MBps.

And before you say its just a programming error, thats what I thought until I was able to launch and play ED:H after 6 minutes of downloading.

What the actual F?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Do a bandwidth test with pcpitstop.com or speedtest,net and see what your bandwidth actually is?!

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

Maybe it extracts files in same time and counts final size.

I see it's the "sync files" status. This isn't actually downloading. It's checking which files are downloaded already and which not. You probably interrupted the download at some point.

You can see this on Origen too. Sometimes it shows up to 500mb/s on the counter, in my case.

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

I see it's the "sync files" status. This isn't actually downloading. It's checking which files are downloaded already and which not. You probably interrupted the download at some point.

You can see this on Origen too. Sometimes it shows up to 500mb/s on the counter, in my case.

Yeah, except for the fact it was a totally clean install.

I'd had some issues with the BETA launcher and had been advised to remove the old launcher, delete the game folder and the games appdata folder and start again so what your seeing there is the download speed of the files, it has to be as there was literally no ED files left on my computer before I began the install.

Speedtest.net shows normal 3.8Mbps down and 1.2Mbps up.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I'd had some issues with the BETA launcher and had been advised to remove the old launcher, delete the game folder and the games appdata folder and start again so what your seeing there is the download speed of the files, it has to be as there was literally no ED files left on my computer before I began the install.

Launcher can be bugged. Showing wrong things. You cannot DL that fast with that kind of internet connection. P2P from a neighbor? :o:D

Launcher can be bugged. Showing wrong things. You cannot DL that fast with that kind of internet connection. P2P from a neighbor? :o:D

Except it did, game went from zero to playable in 6 minutes?

I've just launched the game and it runs fine.

Is there another folder somewhere I missed when I cleaned everything off I wonder which contains the game files? But even then I didn't have Horizons installed, only the Horizons Beta which is now dead and the old 1.4 client.

This is confusing.

Except it did, game went from zero to playable in 6 minutes?

I've just launched the game and it runs fine.

Is there another folder somewhere I missed when I cleaned everything off I wonder which contains the game files? But even then I didn't have Horizons installed, only the Horizons Beta which is now dead and the old 1.4 client.

This is confusing.

what speeds are you paying for?

Hmm weird. Keep in mind that the E:D launcher is a total piece of crap. I have the game too and when it just launched it would download for 5 seconds and then pause for 5 minutes. 

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

Hmm weird. Keep in mind that the E:D launcher is a total piece of crap. I have the game too and when it just launched it would download for 5 seconds and then pause for 5 minutes.

Tell me about it, to even play horizons beta I had to use the Steam version but launch it independently, the stand alone launcher would run but never actually show up.

Luckily the final 2.0 launcher does seem to be working but only after I deleted everything from the game off my HDD including the Steam version. Never had an issue before 2.0 beta though.