Monitor for PS4?

aviationjames

I have just got this for my PC: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CFFFGUM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If I plug my PS4 into it, would it have a good picture than my old F&H TV which makes GTA and some games look bad compared to a Sony 2015 TV.

If I did plug it in the monitor, I will get this too: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N8R6SJ4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2K2TATWY8U55I

This is so that I can decide if I want to play on a 32inch or 24inch, and whether to sit on my bed or desk for the monitor.

Is this a good or bad idea, any drawbacks?

Sound could be an issue depending on the monitor...and even then monitors with speakers tend to frankly be shit

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Sound could be an issue depending on the monitor...and even then monitors with speakers tend to frankly be shit

I'd use my headset which I have if just the sound is bad

And being able to plug headphones directly into the controller is one of my favorite features :P

I have the same monitor, which was purchased mainly to use with my Xbox one. Though I am also using it for my PC at the moment till I can afford a 144Hz monitor. The speakers are not too bad, to be quite honest, but nothing ground breaking. The Monitor uses a TN panel, though it has surprisingly good viewing angles. The colors are quite good also (wont be as good as a decent TV or IPS panel monitor), and even better if you can get the "Hue" and "saturation" controls unlocked in the monitors menu. Because of the way the Xbox is setup after its most recent update, I had to hook my PC up via HDMI, and use the Nvidia control panel to send a YCBCR color mode out. This allowed me to change the hue and saturation, and then I saved it to one of the 3 gamer profiles you can save too. This allows me to use those settings with everything. This monitor, for a time, was the recommended and official monitor for major league gaming also. Most of the pro gamers for consoles where using it only a couple of years ago, and some still are. 

You will not get a HDMI cable in the box, don't know if that will be an issue for you. But you do get a VGA and DVI cable. 

I have the same monitor, which was purchased mainly to use with my Xbox one. Though I am also using it for my PC at the moment till I can afford a 144Hz monitor. The speakers are not too bad, to be quite honest, but nothing ground breaking. The Monitor uses a TN panel, though it has surprisingly good viewing angles. The colors are quite good also (wont be as good as a decent TV or IPS panel monitor), and even better if you can get the "Hue" and "saturation" controls unlocked in the monitors menu. Because of the way the Xbox is setup after its most recent update, I had to hook my PC up via HDMI, and use the Nvidia control panel to send a YCBCR color mode out. This allowed me to change the hue and saturation, and then I saved it to one of the 3 gamer profiles you can save too. This allows me to use those settings with everything. This monitor, for a time, was the recommended and official monitor for major league gaming also. Most of the pro gamers for consoles where using it only a couple of years ago, and some still are. 

You will not get a HDMI cable in the box, don't know if that will be an issue for you. But you do get a VGA and DVI cable. 

Okay thanks, gathering the quality and sharpness is good on it. Never had an 1080p Monitor for my PC yet. PS4 should be better than my old TV too, I hope