Audio Advice for a Audio noob

TheAbel
Go to solution Solved by TheMastr13,

the receiver would act as a glorified dac, except for the fact that it has more inputs and you can attach passive speakers to it.

If I were you, I would get a Fiio e10k. Hook your headphones up to the headphone jack, and plug your speakers into the line-out jack.

Problem solved!

Link to e10k: http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-E10K-Headphone-Amplifier-Black/dp/B00LP3AMC2

Hi all, 

I need some audio advise. I find myself annoyed of how crappy my current computer sounds setup is.

MySpecs.

Logitech X230 speakers + subwoofer

Kingston Cloud II jack headset

Realtek ALC898 onboard sound.

I do use a Jack splitter to connect both my headset and speakers to the onboard sound.

But i find that even @ max volume its not doing it for me. Volume seems low @ max and bass is low.

So i was thinking to get a receiver connect it to my Optical SPDIF on my mobo. And get a set of good speakers with it.

But then how to connect my headset to that? As the title says i dont have a lot of experience in audio.

You guys have some good advise for me? Should i consider a DAC?

Also if so what kind of receiver/dac? What should i look out for?

TheAbel 

A DAC would benefit you in the headphone department, but your speakers have an internal amplifier, right?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

the receiver would act as a glorified dac, except for the fact that it has more inputs and you can attach passive speakers to it.

If I were you, I would get a Fiio e10k. Hook your headphones up to the headphone jack, and plug your speakers into the line-out jack.

Problem solved!

Link to e10k: http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-E10K-Headphone-Amplifier-Black/dp/B00LP3AMC2

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

Problem solved!

That would do it.

Tnx for the quick replies guys.

That seems like a good solution and cheaper then what i had in mind. I will give a shot tnx guys.!