Notebook network card on a desktop computer

Benny867

So

i recently got my hands on a broken laptop (for free) and decided to just strip it apart and use the things that worked. among those things was a fairly new network card/adapter.

an Intel Dualband Wireless ac-7260 and was wondering if i could fit that into my desktop (ASUS Z97-AR w/ i7 4790k). and if possible, how?

intel%20Dual%20Band%20Wireless-AC%207260

you'd need an mPCIe slot on your motherboard to stick the card in. and after that you'd need to get some antennas to plug onto the connectors on that card.

i don't think your motherboard supports this tough, as i couldn't find the required mPCIe slot in the specs list. tough i might be wrong! check your motherboard for any slots that look like this:

post-226488-0-26221100-1450296131.jpg

you'd need an mPCIe slot on your motherboard to stick the card in. and after that you'd need to get some antennas to plug onto the connectors on that card.

i don't think your motherboard supports this tough, as i couldn't find the required mPCIe slot in the specs list. tough i might be wrong! check your motherboard for any slots that look like this:

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

Thanks man!