EA! (thumbs up)

trevorsom13

so, as some of you may know, EA had a sale on the orgin store for the past week. A large portion of users could no purchase anything because they continuously got an error on checkout. Today, they released a fix, after the sale was over. EA!

forum thread with issue details and raging (rightfully) customers.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/INVOICE-FAILED/td-p/1445566/page/35

i5 3570k @4.6 ghz | Cooler Master hyper 212 EVO | Asus DCUll 780ti @1200/1400 | 1 TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair HX 750 80+ gold | 8 GB Kingston HyperX Blu | Cooler Master haf 912 windowed edition |  2 x crappy  4:3 monitors (1024x1280) | ASUS VG248QE 1080p 144hz monitor|

#KILLEDMYWIFE  #POOKLO

Ohhh, EA. and JUST when I thought you were starting to be good again, with all the charity stuff, humble bundle, ect.

:P

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

Ohhh, EA. and JUST when I thought you were starting to be good again, with all the charity stuff, humble bundle, ect.

:P

Never have high expectations for EA....

I don't know 10 million dollars for charity will make me feel pretty forgiving especially with all the great games i got for 5 bucks lol i'll give them a pass for now

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

We need an EA sub-subforum in the "news" section.

Agreed!

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Steam has the same issues and many many many more.

OMG.... game for $5 on Steam!!!!!!...... never mind.. Steam has no problems whatsoever.

Swear to god Dr. Phil needs to be invited to treat some of the jump on the EA hate wagon people.

OMG.... game for $5 on Steam!!!!!!...... never mind.. Steam has no problems whatsoever.

Swear to god Dr. Phil needs to be invited to treat some of the jump on the EA hate wagon people.

LOL

i5 3570k @4.6 ghz | Cooler Master hyper 212 EVO | Asus DCUll 780ti @1200/1400 | 1 TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair HX 750 80+ gold | 8 GB Kingston HyperX Blu | Cooler Master haf 912 windowed edition |  2 x crappy  4:3 monitors (1024x1280) | ASUS VG248QE 1080p 144hz monitor|

#KILLEDMYWIFE  #POOKLO

The last time I couldn't buy anything on Steam was at noon on day 1 of the Summer Sale. I waited 5 minutes, refreshed, and it worked fine...

On Origin, I have literally never been able to buy anything. Ever. It either won't accept my credit card, or just errors. Support never responds. Funnily enough, I didn't actually buy any of the games I have on Origin... Unless $20 for the humble bundle counts.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

10 million dollars of games given away recently, I'd give them a break :)

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

well it seems origin stopped uninstalling games by itself so I'm okay with origin other than it's another thing I need to have to play games.

Wow EA!!

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

The last time I couldn't buy anything on Steam was at noon on day 1 of the Summer Sale. I waited 5 minutes, refreshed, and it worked fine...

On Origin, I have literally never been able to buy anything. Ever. It either won't accept my credit card, or just errors. Support never responds. Funnily enough, I didn't actually buy any of the games I have on Origin... Unless $20 for the humble bundle counts.

Humble bundle + A sale that's been going on for a week.

Steam never ever has issues when that sort of thing is going on..... :rolleyes:

The credit card issue could also be related to the service provider behind that.

Steam on the other hand is well known for freezing accounts over simple billing mistakes THEY made

and users can spend several weeks trying to get it unlocked again.

The point is, every problem Origin has, Steam has a dozen more in spades and people choose to ignore it because of $5 sales.

• 2 weeks later...

I still can't purchase anything!

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

To people bringing steam into this.

OFC the steam servers are going to roll over and die at the start of the big sales, nothing can withstand that amount of traffic.

And when it does die, its quickly back up and running.

Point is that origin rolled over quickly with no where near the amount of traffic steam gets at its sale times and took FOREVER to fix it.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I'd give them a break. They're probably not used to people using Origin.

god damn lol. I have never really used it so I guess you may be right. 

3507 hours playing on steam since 2007 or so when ever they started keeping track and nothing on origin so i cant comment on if its good or bad just that they never sold me on anything