Reinstalling windows

DirkaFat
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

Try tu reburn dvd. System might not regonize it as boot dvd. Also there might be situation that question to boot from dvd flashes just few seconds on screen so be fast.

I'm trying to reinstall windows 7 using an ISO disc. I put the boot priority to the dvd drive, but it still boots into the current install of windows. Am I missing something here? (It's a laptop if it makes a difference).

If you can't get it to directly boot in the DVD, go into your BIOS and manually boot into the DVD.

Isn't that what I'm already doing by putting the boot priority to the dvd drive?

Isn't that what I'm already doing by putting the boot priority to the dvd drive?

I'm not sure how it is on your BIOS but I can manually boot into whatever I want regardless of boot priority.

Are you sure you're booting from the internal dvd drive in the bios and not a usb/external one?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Be sure that your DVD drive is plugged on the main SATA Controller (Intel one if you have an Intel CPU).

Refer to your motherboard manual to know which key (usually F12) to access the boot selection menu, which will allow you to select your DVD drive.

Try tu reburn dvd. System might not regonize it as boot dvd. Also there might be situation that question to boot from dvd flashes just few seconds on screen so be fast.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Was away for a couple of days, but yeah, I found out the problem was was a faulty ISO disc.