PG279q keeps resetting to 60hz

I just got the pg279q rog swift and every time I set it to 165hz if for any reason I restart or shut of my pc, when I boot into windows nv control panel always sets the refresh rate to 60hz even though I set it to 165 before I restarted/shut off is there anyway to permanently set the refresh rate to 165? It's really annoying to have to switch it every time I start windows. For reference I am running 980ti sli to power the display.

whats your hardware

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

whats your hardware

i7 5820k asus rampage V 16gb ram asus poseidon 980ti sli all watercooled in corsair 760t

Edit i am on windows 10

let it too 144hz , 165hz increase lag, do you close your screen or let it sleep?

i7 5820k asus rampage V 16gb ram asus poseidon 980ti sli all watercooled in corsair 760t

Edit i am on windows 10

im not sure what the problem is then 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

let it too 144hz , 165hz increase lag, do you close your screen or let it sleep?

I don't think you understood my problem its that my nvidia driver keeps setting my refresh rate back to 60 also 165hz is not longer lag than 144hz the 165hz is compensation for the 279q having an ips panel with 5ms response vs the tn 1ms response in the pg278q

Are you using any display adapters?

Nope I am just using a displayport cable from my top card to my monitor

• 2 months later...

Sorry to revive this thread, but I found the solution.  Go into the monitor settings (on the monitor itself) and disable "DisplayPort Deep Sleep".  If you read the manual thoroughly, ASUS admits that that setting is only enabled by default so that they could get energy star certified and they recommend disabling it.  after I disabled it, the monitor stopped resetting its refresh rate.  I also disabled ''HDMI Deep Sleep" for good measure.  Hope this helps!

• 2 years later...