Is there a good keyboard with MX Brown switches ?

Firestrike
Go to solution Solved by Firestrike,

I gave up. I ordered the only K70 with QWERTY layout in my country, with Mx Reds because it's impossible to find Mx Browns at a reasonable price here in France.

So, are Mx reds good enough ? I don't play games all the time, and also I don't only play FPS games.

i dont play fps, and i type a lot, MX red works fine for me

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

So, are Mx reds good enough ? I don't play games all the time, and also I don't only play FPS games.

All switches (for the most part) are "good enough" - they're down to user preference.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

i dont play fps, and i type a lot, MX red works fine for me

Is there a way to swap the keys to make a qwerty keyboard from an azerty keyboard ?

|| CPU - i7 4790K @4.6GHz || GPU - MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G || Motherboard - Asus Z97-A || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury @1866MHz |Case Be quiet! Silent Base 800 ||

|| CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO || Storage - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate Barracuda 2TB (+ WD Caviar Green 2TB) ||

|| Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core || Keyboard - Corsair K70 (MX Red) ||

Is there a way to swap the keys to make a qwerty keyboard from an azerty keyboard ?

well you can change the position of the key caps, and you can set the keyboard to enlish US in windows, but im not 100% sure if that would make it work like a regular US keyboard

technically it should work since on google i see people changing from qwerty to azerty by just changing the keyboard layout in windows

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

well you can change the position of the key caps, and you can set the keyboard to enlish US in windows, but im not 100% sure if that would make it work like a regular US keyboard

technically it should work since on google i see people changing from qwerty to azerty by just changing the keyboard layout in windows

Yeah no actually scratch that. The keys are different, and there is the big fat enter key :(

|| CPU - i7 4790K @4.6GHz || GPU - MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G || Motherboard - Asus Z97-A || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury @1866MHz |Case Be quiet! Silent Base 800 ||

|| CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO || Storage - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate Barracuda 2TB (+ WD Caviar Green 2TB) ||

I gave up. I ordered the only K70 with QWERTY layout in my country, with Mx Reds because it's impossible to find Mx Browns at a reasonable price here in France.

After using a Razer keyboard with their own green switches, I decided to try the quieter keyboards and bought a Corsair k95 RGB. I must say, while many people say you will make more mistakes while typing using softer switches, I haven't noticed anything but the ability to not annoy the crap out of my friends when we are gaming and using voice chat software.

I do not know which keyboard would be best for you in your location, but hopefully I can nudge you in the direction that brown switches are the way to go! Best of luck finding a keyboard that suits you.