Teamspeak 3 Server Build

AnR34L

How can I build a TS3 Server? And can I also run Clients on it? So as an example a Bot? 

What is a cheap solution?

-Luca

I really don't need much so I would suggest going with an amd quad core apu (for hoking up an monitor) and like 4 gigs of ram with some cheap motherboard. as for drives if u have a cheap laptop harddrive laying around use that if not just buy a cheap 500 gig one

Spoiler

CPU: R7 5800x -- Mobo: Gigabyte B550 Gaming X v2 -- RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Fury Renegade -- GPU: Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming OC -- Case: Fractal Design North Walnut/Black Mesh -- Storage: 2TB 970 Evo Plus, 4TB NM790 -- PSU: BeQuiet Pure Power 11 Platinum 650w -- Displays: AOC AGON  AG352UCG, Dell Ultrasharp U2715H -- Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 -- Mouse: Corsair M65 -- Keyboard: Func KB 460 MX Blue -- Sound: Motu M2 -> THX 789 -> DT880 600Ω -- Mic: RØDE NT1-A

Spoiler

RIG 2: Intel i5-8400, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2070S

Spoiler

I really don't need much so I would suggest going with an amd quad core apu (for hoking up an monitor) and like 4 gigs of ram with some cheap motherboard. as for drives if u have a cheap laptop harddrive laying around use that if not just buy a cheap 500 gig one

Thank you.

Thank you.

Don't take my word for it but I think thats more then enough for what ur using it for, If I were u I would wait for more replies because if one persons says this its not always correct 

Spoiler

CPU: R7 5800x -- Mobo: Gigabyte B550 Gaming X v2 -- RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Fury Renegade -- GPU: Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming OC -- Case: Fractal Design North Walnut/Black Mesh -- Storage: 2TB 970 Evo Plus, 4TB NM790 -- PSU: BeQuiet Pure Power 11 Platinum 650w -- Displays: AOC AGON  AG352UCG, Dell Ultrasharp U2715H -- Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 -- Mouse: Corsair M65 -- Keyboard: Func KB 460 MX Blue -- Sound: Motu M2 -> THX 789 -> DT880 600Ω -- Mic: RØDE NT1-A

Spoiler

RIG 2: Intel i5-8400, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2070S

Spoiler

• 1 month later...

I can't really give you a guide on how to do all that stuff, but as I'm planning to build one myself in about 2 weeks, I'll let you know what I did in order to complete the server.

But I can tell you my specs I'm planning to run the server on (an old All-in-One PC i found on eBay ^^):

Intel Atom N270 @ 1,6 GHz (Dual-Core)

2GB DDR2 RAM

32GB SSD

I did a little bit of research and given that everything I read was correct, this should be fine for about 10-15 people to be speaking on simultaneously. One of the main reasons I picked it, was its low power consumption @ around 15 watts. This should make my electrical bill a little bit cheaper ;)

I hope I remember to keep you updated, I may open up a new thread in another topic (so you should keep an eye on that). I think all of my parts will arrive in about 3-6 days, the build should be done in around 2 weeks (maybe a bit less, but there are always some problems D:)

I can't really give you a guide on how to do all that stuff, but as I'm planning to build one myself in about 2 weeks, I'll let you know what I did in order to complete the server.

But I can tell you my specs I'm planning to run the server on (an old All-in-One PC i found on eBay ^^):

Intel Atom 330 @ 1,6 GHz (Dual-Core)

2GB DDR2 RAM

32GB SSD

I did a little bit of research and given that everything I read was correct, this should be fine for about 10-15 people to be speaking on simultaneously. One of the main reasons I picked it, was its low power consumption @ around 15 watts. This should make my electrical bill a little bit cheaper ;)

I hope I remember to keep you updated, I may open up a new thread in another topic (so you should keep an eye on that). I think all of my parts will arrive in about 3-6 days, the build should be done in around 2 weeks (maybe a bit less, but there are always some problems D:)

If you only have 10-15 people on your server that's a huge waste but to each there own.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Intel Atom 330 @ 1,6 GHz (Dual-Core)

2GB DDR2 RAM

32GB SSD

If you could tag us, that would be great! Good Luck on your project. 

Windows 10 is now MSX! http://linustechtips...ndows-10/page-6 ....................

If you only have 10-15 people on your server that's a huge waste but to each there own.

I don't think its a huge waste, as im saving costs through lower power consumption. Also I want to have a (sort of) easier start in the whole server making stuff, as im fairly new to this topic.

I don't think its a huge waste, as im saving costs through lower power consumption. Also I want to have a (sort of) easier start in the whole server making stuff, as im fairly new to this topic.

"Server making stuff that's not making a TS server.. a TS server is like literally pressing a few buttons. So first part doesn't make any sense because if you went a server there's no power consumption and ot's only about $4 a month for a 20 person server here. Maybe if you had more people it would be worth to get a box.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

"Server making stuff that's not making a TS server.. a TS server is like literally pressing a few buttons. So first part doesn't make any sense because if you went a server there's no power consumption and ot's only about $4 a month for a 20 person server here. Maybe if you had more people it would be worth to get a box.

I dont see the point of renting a server. Here in Germany the servers cost a lot more if you want the things I like to have, so it would be cheaper in the first few months. This server will (hopefully) last longer than 2-3 years, and even if I dont need the TS server anymore, I still have the option to do other stuff on it.

Also I may want to form a CSGO team and would propably fill up the server even more. So the only limit I have in this matter is the 32 slot limit ;)

one of my VMs is running a TS server.

Its got 2 cores, 2gb ram and runs ubuntu 14.10

The server gets 20-30 people on it, 

I rarely see CPU above 7-8%
and RAM sits at about 350mb but occasionally hit 500mb

A little knowledge is very dangerous
CPU: I7 6700K CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro H110i Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero GPU: 2x Asus GTX980 STRIX RAM: 4x4 (16GB) Corsair DDR4 Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 750GB SSD PSU: Corsair HX1000W Displays: 2xAsus PB287Q (4k) 2x1080 Monitors Keyboard: QPAD MK50 Mouse: 1xRazor Naga Elite 2x Razor Naga Sound: Asus Essence STX, Quad Elite Pre Amp, Quad 909 Power Amp, Monitor Audio GR20 Speakers Headphones: Logitech G930, Sennheiser Momentum Black Microphone: Rode NT1-A, Behringer Xenyx 802, Behringer Ultra-Curve Pro EQ OS: Windows 7 64bit

Literally all it takes is a cheap computer, almost no power at all. There are some people who run servers off of a Raspberry Pi (although it's a bit of a pain because it's not officially supported).

It's pretty much as simple as just running an .exe on whatever you have laying around for it.

Keep in mind that the free version of Teamspeak server only supports 32 people connected to it at max. If you want more than that you need to get a license from them. Mumble is another alternative that many people prefer that is open source and allows unlimited connections, the only limiting factor is your internet and hardware.

Literally all it takes is a cheap computer, almost no power at all. There are some people who run servers off of a Raspberry Pi (although it's a bit of a pain because it's not officially supported).

It's pretty much as simple as just running an .exe on whatever you have laying around for it.

Keep in mind that the free version of Teamspeak server only supports 32 people connected to it at max. If you want more than that you need to get a license from them. Mumble is another alternative that many people prefer that is open source and allows unlimited connections, the only limiting factor is your internet and hardware.

I originally wanted to run the server on a Raspberry Pi, but I didn't want to deal with the emulation stuff. Mumble would have been a great alternative there, problem is that nobody knows it or wants to install it.

I originally wanted to run the server on a Raspberry Pi, but I didn't want to deal with the emulation stuff. Mumble would have been a great alternative there, problem is that nobody knows it or wants to install it.

You can get a 500 user non-profit license for teamspeak easily enough

A little knowledge is very dangerous
CPU: I7 6700K CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro H110i Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero GPU: 2x Asus GTX980 STRIX RAM: 4x4 (16GB) Corsair DDR4 Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 750GB SSD PSU: Corsair HX1000W Displays: 2xAsus PB287Q (4k) 2x1080 Monitors Keyboard: QPAD MK50 Mouse: 1xRazor Naga Elite 2x Razor Naga Sound: Asus Essence STX, Quad Elite Pre Amp, Quad 909 Power Amp, Monitor Audio GR20 Speakers Headphones: Logitech G930, Sennheiser Momentum Black Microphone: Rode NT1-A, Behringer Xenyx 802, Behringer Ultra-Curve Pro EQ OS: Windows 7 64bit

Just gonna throw it out there.....Discord is free hosted, great quality audio and does everything you probably need from TeamSpeak.

You can connect to Discord via a weblink, the computer client, or a mobile app.

It's also significantly easier to configure

TeamSpeak uses hardly any resource either, so hope you aren't paying for power on a dedicated box just to run a TS3 server.

oyxuu0wk.5cy.png

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

Just gonna throw it out there.....Discord is free hosted, great quality audio and does everything you probably need from TeamSpeak.

You can connect to Discord via a weblink, the computer client, or a mobile app.

It's also significantly easier to configure

TeamSpeak uses hardly any resource either, so hope you aren't paying for power on a dedicated box just to run a TS3 server.

oyxuu0wk.5cy.png

Nah, I want to run some other things (or rather try) on it too. Like a NAS or a Gameserver. Dunno about Gameservers, as they may need more power. But with this I have the option to try it for free, so why not :D

• 2 weeks later...

So, its finally done! Here you can see the step-by-step guide: http://snakefist007.blogspot.de/

I dunno why I can't post this in this forum here, I always get blocked. I think its probably the script thats preventing the post. I'll have a look into it tomorrow, and will create a post  in the Tutorial section aswell :)

Until then, I hope everything works and I didn't make too much mistakes :D