Game Suggestion..

koji

Hello. I recently built a new PC and I wanted to play some good games..

Please help me by suggesting games that will be worthy of playing.

I like games that somehow makes a good use of human brain. Not just randomly smashing the keyboard. Hehe.

I am also looking for good display quality, not a fan of something like minecraft.

I hope your suggestion can be handled by what I have..

Specs:

Proc: i5-4460

RAM: 8GB

GPU: R9 280x

Storage: 250GB SSD

Display: 1080p

Thank you very much for the good suggestions!

EDIT: Games that I am currently playing.. Dota2, CS:GO

I tried searching for the most played games or current top games..

Most of them have "2" "3" or "4" in title. Im not sure if I should play them since I havent played their "1"

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

But every game is basically smashing at your keyboard D:

Check Indies like "Circuits" if you want some brain games - otherwise just go through Steam's recommended games based on your library?

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Fractured Space, looks very nice and it's a 5v5 multiplayer game with.. Strategy? Teamwork? wtf?!?

Space Engineers, looks quite nice and it's fun to build massive ships and then ram them into people. :D

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

The Witcher 3

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

But every game is basically smashing at your keyboard D:

Check Indies like "Circuits" if you want some brain games - otherwise just go through Steam's recommended games based on your library?

Not really. Hehe. I play dota2 and CS:GO they are strategy game. :)

I tried to check other games on steam and some of them have "2" or "3" on titles which mean they have their part1. Im not sure if I should play the part1 to enjoy it.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

The witcher 3 for the tactics, csgo for map awareness and tactics, dota 2, LoL for tactics. You can also go with minesweeper if you want to use your brain or tetris lel

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Skyrim and mod it to make it look like the real eye candy

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Fallout 3 and 4 !

The Witcher 3

Thank you for the suggestions.. Can I play that w/o playing the the previous versions like Fallout 1 or Witcher 1? Coz I dont want to play a game that I will never understand the story.

Thank you for the suggestions.. Can I play that w/o playing the the previous versions like Fallout 1 or Witcher 1? Coz I dont want to play a game that I will never understand the story.

Yes, you can play The Witcher 3 without playing the first two games. The only thing you might be confused are how does Geralt know some of the characters that you meet during your journey, but you can just google that in like a minute.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

It helps to be familiar with the previous games but it's not mandatory. Youtube videos can get you up to speed with the lore without spoiling the games for you.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

All Fallout games have different stories and are unrelated.

I'm currently playing Fallout 3 (when done, Fallout 4) and having a blast.

The witcher 3 for the tactics, csgo for map awareness and tactics, dota 2, LoL for tactics. You can also go with minesweeper if you want to use your brain or tetris lel

Yes, you can play The Witcher 3 without playing the first two games. The only thing you might be confused are how does Geralt know some of the characters that you meet during your journey, but you can just google that in like a minute.

It helps to be familiar with the previous games but it's not mandatory. Youtube videos can get you up to speed with the lore without spoiling the games for you.

All Fallout games have different stories and are unrelated.

I'm currently playing Fallout 3 (when done, Fallout 4) and having a blast.

Thank you so much guys. I will try Fallout and Witcher. I will not see the sunlight again for a while. Hehe.

Metal Gear Solid 5: Groud Zeroes or Phantom Pain - Personally I have phantom pain and it doesn't matter too much that you haven't played others. You can invest a lot of time (At least for phantom pain you can) and it's all about either being Stealthy or going in guns-blazing.

Yes you can understand the story. There is an option at the start of the game if you want to play the version which is based on a continuation of the witcher 2, or without that if TW3 is your first game. Just select "no witcher 2 *something*" and you should be good. I loved it

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

if you like a more puzzle orientated game you should check out LIMBO. the atmosphere in that one is amazing!

other than that i guess Fallout 3/4 and The Witcher series, tough they have been named in this thread several times already.

Dead Space 1,2,3

Bioshock 1 and 3

Evil Within

Resident Evil Revelation

Wolfenstein New Order - nothing beats shooting nazis in the face

Fallout 4 or FarCry 3

ooooorrrr

DeathSpank - Hero to the downtrodden, Vanquisher of Evil, Dispencer of Justice....

If you have a taste for japanese fighting games and heavy metal soundtracks, try GGXrd, it's an ex-PS3/PS4-exclusive just released for PC, the port and the gameplay itself is insanely good for only $24 atm on steam, I got addicted to it already

Otherwise, Fallout 4, Witcher 3 is my other top recommendations

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Yes