Groove Music OR Spotify

AlTech

Once Lord Microsoft delvers Windows 10 Mobile to me some time in the next 1-2 days I'l have Groove Music on my phone.

I'm wondering whether or not to switch from Spotify to Groove Music.

Honesty, there isn't much that I'm missing from Groove. Just the ability to browse different genres is quite nice. 

I heard some stuff about Audio quality being worse on Groove music. Is is true? and if so then is it noticeable for non audiophiles. (Getting my HD 518s then as well and want to know if I coudl tell the difference with them but with no sound card or DAC). 

Also, should i buy albums and songs individually or pay for streaming pass? Groove offers both although it gives the OneDrive 100Gb extra for PASS users (i think).

Anything else I should be aware of?

GUI wise? Man does Groove look world's better than Spotify. Also won't cause my phone to lag nearly as much when dealing with music. Since groove was built by Microsoft and Well we all know how much Spotify loves Windows Phone (sarcasm). 

Please leave your thoughts, opinions and advice below!

EDIT: To be clear I will keep the spotify account if i pick groove music but I'll just let my Spotify Premium Subscription expire.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I couldn't even get Groove to actually play/stream any music. I would always end up with an error that's been a bug since W10 beta or something.

I suggest you use Google Play instead. You get Youtube Red bundled in with it, which also includes Youtube Music Key which also allows you to listen to Youtube videos in the background on your phone (which should be a feature by itself in the app in my opinion).

I couldn't even get Groove to actually play/stream any music. I would always end up with an error that's been a bug since W10 beta or something.

I suggest you use Google Play instead. You get Youtube Red bundled in with it, which also includes Youtube Music Key which also allows you to listen to Youtube videos in the background on your phone (which should be a feature by itself in the app in my opinion).

I suggest you A) Try out groove Music now since I have no difficulties/problems with it. B. I use Windows Phone so no Google Music for me

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I suggest you A) Try out groove Music now since I have no difficulties with it. B. I use Windows Phone so no Google Music for me

Already used up my trial, so I can't.

Good luck though.

Already used up my trial, so I can't.

Good luck though.

Thanks

Groove Music is alright in terms of selection and functionality, but its limited and occasionally glitchy, its been this way since it was called Xbox Music. I haven't used Spotify Premium, but I do like the free version.

Groove Music is alright in terms of selection and functionality, but its limited and occasionally glitchy, its been this way since it was called Xbox Music. I haven't used Spotify Premium, but I do like the free version.

Which part was glitchy?

I agree Groove Music look and function so much better than Spotify app on both WP8.1 and W10M. Even on a 950 XL I have, you will still see the loading screen for Spotify where as Groove just instantly appears. But since I'm getting student discount for Spotify (half price), that's what I'll stick to for now. Plus it works across all my other devices (windows,mac osx,android tablet). Both sound qualities are most the same tbh. At this point, just pick whichever suits your budget and what platform you'll be using it.

Which part was glitchy?

It would sometimes say I was streaming on another device even though I wasn't, DRM licensing issues(saying I didn't have access, rebooting fixed), and with the radio it would sometimes repeat the same songs over and over(changing playlists fixes this). Most of these issues were encountered on my Lumia 925.