if 16:9 is not good enough for you, how about 64:9?

snowComet

For those who think 16:9 is not good enough, Panasonic may save you from the day. Panasonic developed a system to film videos at 64:9.

panasonicultra-widecamerasystem-0.jpg

Instead of one camera with a crazy wide lens, the system consist of four Panasonic’s AW-HE120 16:9  cameras, which will move in unison, and all of them are mounted on a 40 kg rig. When the system is filming, each camera’s shot picking up at the edge of where one of its neighbors’ shots leaves off, and software will be used to combine the images from these 4 lens, to build up a large ultra-wide picture. According to the article this system is intended for things like sport coaching analysis, and will be available in November...

http://www.gizmag.com/panasonic-ultra-wide-camera-system/28826/

http://techau.com.au/panasonic-to-demo-649-ultra-wide-camera-system/

It would be like 4 way Surround/Eyefinity. You could be able to see behind you in games.

Quote me to get a reply!

64:16 would be more even.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Too bad it records and not plays ):

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5