Alienware Gaming PCs

Titan21

I had an Alienware 17 R1. It was a piece of shit, the motherboard died 4 times while it was under the 1 year warranty.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

The laptops are good buys. Anyone who says otherwise probably hasn't used one or was one of the ones that were the ultra minority who somehow have bad luck.

I've been using an Alienware M17x R3 for years and I've loved it the entire time. Never had any issues and added in a SSD a while back to help speed it up. The primary issue is that other than memory and storage, it's not upgradeable. My laptop is showing it's age by low frame rates in newer games. If you invest the same amount of money into a desktop (Alienware or otherwise), you can have a decent machine that allows upgrades in the future. So it's a choice you have to make: portability vs. longetivity.

pre-build in general are terrible, bare minimum power supply, with a very mid range GPU and a top of the line CPU, and no ssd. you'll often see full size towers with a tiny micro-atx motherboard and the absence of cable management.

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

we dont say there good. all prebuilts suck

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

Sure alienware PCs are overpriced . They spend all Their budget on a quality CPU and say litle or nothing about the powersupply and Mobo . They could get a 1000 bucks i7 CPU but acompany it wit a 300 bucks GPU !!!!! It sounds absurd