WD Red's? Raid 6?

Moondrelor
Go to solution Solved by Moondrelor,

Not sure who to mark as best answer so...

Thank you to the following!

@Captain_WD

@TheCaptain53

@dalekphalm

@Sunshine1868

own cloud would get very complicated with tunneling NICs to the VM for the average user...

and there is a chance that BitTorrent services will get stomped by your ISP

just food for thought

True, but only if your ISP is a douche who thinks all BT protocol is pirated material :P

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

True, but only if your ISP is a douche who thinks all BT protocol is pirated material :P

which applies to pretty much all ISPs nowadays hahaha

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all

which applies to pretty much all ISPs nowadays hahaha

Not mine! TekSavvy, they are a small family owned business (The largest "independent" ISP in Canada).

Problem is right now that the CRTC (Canadian version of FTC) hasn't regulated pricing for FTTN and FTTH speeds, so the bulk rates for TekSavvy to buy from an incumbent (Bell, Rogers, or Shaw) is ridiculously high for speeds over 100 Mbps. They can't even afford to offer Rogers top package which is 250 Mbps.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Not mine! TekSavvy, they are a small family owned business (The largest "independent" ISP in Canada).

Problem is right now that the CRTC (Canadian version of FTC) hasn't regulated pricing for FTTN and FTTH speeds, so the bulk rates for TekSavvy to buy from an incumbent (Bell, Rogers, or Shaw) is ridiculously high for speeds over 100 Mbps. They can't even afford to offer Rogers top package which is 250 Mbps.

lucky you....I live in the land of the free and the home of the corporations. hahahaha

ESXi SysAdmin

@dalekphalm

@Sunshine1868

Thank you so much for everything you've commented :) It's been very helpful. I believe I can take it from here with the information given, I have a build log I'm doing of my living room / PC and desk. I will include the raid array setup I do weather it be in the build or separate. 

I will mention you guys in that thread if you wish to follow it! I don't see a lot of it getting done any time soon, but it will defiantly get updated as time goes, especially when I get my tax return this year.

@dalekphalm

@Sunshine1868

Thank you so much for everything you've commented :) It's been very helpful. I believe I can take it from here with the information given, I have a build log I'm doing of my living room / PC and desk. I will include the raid array setup I do weather it be in the build or separate. 

I will mention you guys in that thread if you wish to follow it! I don't see a lot of it getting done any time soon, but it will defiantly get updated as time goes, especially when I get my tax return this year.

No worries! I hope we were helpful. Please mention me and let me know how it goes and which route you wind up taking! if you're done here, please don't forget to mark it as solved to avoid future people spamming an old topic.

Happy computing!

ESXi SysAdmin

~snip~

You are most welcome :) Feel free to ask us if you happen to have other questions!

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/