Desktop Class Gaming Laptop

Hey you people on here,

I'm planning a build for college that will let me edit videos, record gameplay and play most games at max but the mobility might be a problem later on through college so I was wondering if there is an affordable laptop out there that has the power of a desktop but in a laptop, my desktop build has a R9 390 and an i7 4790k so if there is anything close to that amount of power around the $1500 mark I would love to know about it because most of the laptops I've seen are sub 3.0 ghz on the CPU and that doesn't make me very happy so please help!

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

CPU GHz on a gaming laptop is not super important, and sub 3.0ghz is pretty common.

"Desktop class" is made up, but there are a few very expensive gaming laptops that Linus/Luke have covered recently that have desktop CPU and GPUs in them. But $1500 may still be too low.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

Here's their video. Looks like it's just over $1500, or close to $2500 for the decked out model.

Keep in mind that for editing and recording, raw CPU & GPU power are not the deal breakers, but the slow laptop hard drives and data busses that aren't meant for that kind of data transfer, heat throttling, etc.

If you got a secondary SSD installed in it in the custom config, you could record to that - but it'd probably be smaller storage size. 

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

There's this one Broadwell MSI one that allows you to use a desktop GPU.

There's this one Broadwell MSI one that allows you to use a desktop GPU.

Which is ridiculously expensive.

Hey you people on here,

I'm planning a build for college that will let me edit videos, record gameplay and play most games at max but the mobility might be a problem later on through college so I was wondering if there is an affordable laptop out there that has the power of a desktop but in a laptop, my desktop build has a R9 390 and an i7 4790k so if there is anything close to that amount of power around the $1500 mark I would love to know about it because most of the laptops I've seen are sub 3.0 ghz on the CPU and that doesn't make me very happy so please help!

As mentioned, desktop-class power is going to cost you a lot, so your 1.5k budget would not cut it. But I've got just the thing for your budget.

http://www.sagernotebook.com/Gaming-Notebook-NP8657-S.html

You can choose the G-Sync display if you want. I have the Haswell 980M version of this machine which I am currently bringing to school everyday, it is a really good machine. It's light and thin for its class at 25mm thick and 2.5kg in weight. It cools very well with 3 cooling fans, and the max temp which I have ever got my 980M at was about 74 degrees celcius, but that was with the fans at maximum (yes the fans are adjustable).

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap