Capturing the audience.

TheKDub

Just curious about a few things, and am looking for ways to improve my youtube videos and livestreams, I'd appreciate it if you took a few minutes to answer these questions.

What types of things do content creators do that make you want to keep watching? (Specific examples are helpful)

If you're a content creator, what things have you tried to do to capture your audience? Did they work?

What type of content do you tend to watch? (On YouTube, vessel, etc..)

WHAT MAKES YOU WANT TO CONTINUE WATCHING THE VIDEO AFTER CLICKING ON IT? NOT WHAT MAKES YOU CLICK ON IT.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

BOOBS IN THUMBNAIL

I had to say that

1. They aren't boring.

Dont state the obvious, "Here we are in GTA... Lets steal a car.... I stole a car... Lets sneak into the military base..."

Keep them hooked by doing what your audience would want, if you found a glitch to get unlimited money, people dont want to watch you do that forever.

2. Eye Catching Thumbnails

Dont just slap down an image of the game and call it a day, put some time and learn about some photo editing in your thumbmails, explain what your video is about, but dont explain too much.

3. I like Vannoss, Mattshea, SwooZie, Linustechtips(duh), TechRax,etc.

I just really enjoy their content and the way they make their videos.

Edit: And make sure your doing what you like, spend some time editing videos, but dont spend HOURS editing because if your not enjoying it then thats not going to make you want to continue.

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

click Bait thumbnails

But do those make you want to keep watching the content? or do they simply just get you to click on it, realize the video isn't really related, then move on?

BOOBS IN THUMBNAIL

That'd be more of just getting views, not really capturing the viewer's attention and making them want to watch the entire video/stream, and then want more...

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

click Bait thumbnails

Stupid videos apparently get you lots of views

Don't forget clickbait titles too.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

But do those make you want to keep watching the content? or do they simply just get you to click on it, realize the video isn't really related, then move on?

I watch it for the lols

BOOBS IN THUMBNAIL

this proves my theory

tits in thumbnail usually gets me to click that video.

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

I think that hit the nail on the head. If you want to get a bunch of views but not subs/consistent renewing consumers then do that..

If u want subs/consistent views I'd just make sure your doing something different. Make sure your not just copying other youtubers. What stands you out from the best? Why should I watch your review of the 980ti when I can watch linus and jayztwocents do it?

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

That'd be more of just getting views, not really capturing the viewer's attention and making them want to watch the entire video/stream, and then want more...

That would be considered a viral video, and even though a huge amount of people watch it, only a small amount of that will actually go to your channel to see what you have, and if it doesnt interest them they wont stay or subscribe.

The best way is t be really good at what you do, have good enough quality (people wont want to watch crap) and be really good at just talking and commentating in general

regularly make videos of that kind, and people who are interested in that will come regularly.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

just make good high quality content and get lucky.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

-not have any long pauses where nothing interesting is happening

-some change of perspective, otherwise it gets repetitive (for example, the b-roll of the reviewed/used object in ltt videos while Linus or Luke talk about it)

-A GOOD MIC

-decent, if not awesome, image quality - it doesn't need to be in 4k by a 7000$ camera, but it can't be eye scarring either.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

-not have any long pauses where nothing interesting is happening

-some change of perspective, otherwise it gets repetitive (for example, the b-roll of the reviewed/used object in ltt videos while Linus or Luke talk about it)

-A GOOD MIC

-decent, if not awesome, image quality - it doesn't need to be in 4k by a 7000$ camera, but it can't be eye scarring either.

- I'll try to work on fixing that.

- I recently addressed that and got myself an AT2020USB.

- 1080p 60fps for gaming videos currently is my target, though I certainly want the videos to be of high visual quality.

Thanks for the tips.

- I'll try to work on fixing that.

- I recently addressed that and got myself an AT2020USB.

- 1080p 60fps for gaming videos currently is my target, though I certainly want the videos to be of high visual quality.

Thanks for the tips.

Also a side note. Dont have to long of videos. 

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

You just have to jump right into it because I don't really care about your apologies for how you sound weird because your sick and you haven't uploaded in a while, I mean really I don't care and neither does anyone else. Also short intros. 6 seconds max.

Antoun Sawires has some good linux videos but holy shit are his intros terrible, the rest of the videos are really helpful though

EDIT: For streams its different though, if someone asks you can answer.

Also a side note. Dont have to long of videos. 

I aim for 8-14 minutes for most videos.

You just have to jump right into it because I don't really care about your apologies for how you sound weird because your sick and you haven't uploaded in a while, I mean really I don't care and neither does anyone else. Also short intros. 6 seconds max.

Antoun Sawires has some good linux videos but holy shit are his intros terrible, the rest of the videos are really helpful though

EDIT: For streams its different though, if someone asks you can answer.

Some people do like getting updates on people they're subscribed to, just to know what's going on and when they'll be back to making content and such.