Air stuck in gpu loop

Go to solution Solved by Altecice,

Lift your PC up and move it around.

Hi

I've been trying to bleed my loop but there is some air stuck between the gpus which you can see in the picture.

Any tips how I could get that air out.

post-80418-0-36920600-1449683898_thumb.j

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Let the pump run for 24 hours, any air in the system should sort itself out

It should but for some reason the water is flowing slower trough that gpu. I swapped their place but still the 1st gpu has slower flow rate. I've got no clue what's causing it.

If its a variable speed pump then cycle the speed from as slow as possible to as fast as possible every few seconds.

If it's not a variable speed pump then get rid of what ever pump you have and get a Laing D5 Vario. ;)

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

It should but for some reason the water is flowing slower trough that gpu. I swapped their place but still the 1st gpu has slower flow rate. I've got no clue what's causing it.

Check all your fittings, make sure nothing is letting air seep in ever so slightly.. Which, in most cases you'd see water drip, but it's easier for a tiny bit of air to come in, than it is for a tiny bit of water to leave. Check your pump fittings and gpu fittings especially. 

Are these previously used blocks and, if so, did you check the block fins to make sure there's no clogging?

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

If its a variable speed pump then cycle the speed from as slow as possible to as fast as possible every few seconds.

If it's not a variable speed pump then get rid of what ever pump you have and get a Laing D5 Vario. ;)

His advice is good, disrupting the flow will make sure any trapped air bubbles will be forced further through the system, eventually finding itself to the res.

It worked. I didn't tilt it enough first time bacause I was worried about the pump running sideways but it runs sideways with the stock housing so...

It worked. I didn't tilt it enough first time bacause I was worried about the pump running sideways but it runs sideways with the stock housing so...

B)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Are these previously used blocks and, if so, did you check the block fins to make sure there's no clogging?

I checked the block which was having slower flow rate but it was completely clean. i just reassembled the loop (had to swap mobo) and put the gpus the other way around so that the one which was on the bottom is now on top but still the top gpu is having slower flow rate like it was before I swapped their place.

Check all your fittings, make sure nothing is letting air seep in ever so slightly.. Which, in most cases you'd see water drip, but it's easier for a tiny bit of air to come in, than it is for a tiny bit of water to leave. Check your pump fittings and gpu fittings especially.

The fittings are tight. I just assembled this loop and I did a air test and it didn't leak any air and I couldn't find any water close to any fitting.

It's a D5 vario with EK X-Res top

Good to hear buddy.

Hi

I've b which you can see in the picture.

Any tips how I could get that air out.

You might need a more powerful pump

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

You might need a more powerful pump

It's a D5 vario with EK Top so power isn't the issue.