Would it be bad if I downloaded this paid plugin ?

maximilian4o
Go to solution Solved by LiamApex,

if its only to 'try' then i say go for it... just dont make a tut on how to do it or pass the knowledge on 

Hey guys. I'm working on music currently. On FL Studio 12 to be specific. So, I want to get a plug-in for FL Studio 12, but I can't afford to throw that much on something I won't be using professionally. I know the forum rules are agains torrenting and such... THATS WHY I AM NOT going to be pirating it. Just HYPOTHETICALLY, what would happen if I download a plug-in without paying for it ? Is there some way for somebody to find out that I haven't paid for certain plug-in used in a mix ? I'm just asking for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ! Thank you very much. If you think you can get in trouble for answering, please just PM me. Thank you once again ! :)

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

if its only to 'try' then i say go for it... just dont make a tut on how to do it or pass the knowledge on 

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Is there a trial version of the plugin? If so use that if it doesn't watermark. Also this will probably be locked because mods are kind of touchy about this kind of thing

Nope. No way to find out except via browsing history for torrents.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

There's probably a free plug-in/vst that does the same/similar thing....

just sayin'.

Nope. No way to find out except via browsing history for torrents.

I guess, if you're a citizen of antarctica or something. Here's a scenario raging rampant in Finland at the moment:

The IP (intellectual property) owner or their representer,like a law firm, can join the torrent swarm, basically share the file like everyone else, but with the IP owner's consent. They'd get the IP-addresses (internet protocol, I didn't mean for this to happen) of everyone downloading the files.  This part is the same for everyone regardless of location. Only way to hide, is VPN (during the actual download, mind you! Browsing for .torrent -files is rarely even illegal) but even VPN isn't foolproof.

This depends on local law, but the IP owner basically gets a court order to make the ISPs release the info (customer's name, address and so on) to them. Depending on the coutry, this might not be possible, but as I understand, it is  almost everywhere.

Either the law firm, the IP owner or a government representative contacts the customer and demands money as a settlement or upright sues them. This is called copyright trolling.

Again, depending on local law, the fact that you downloaded however minuscule portion of the file, might or might not be enough in the eyes of the law. Going further, the law enforcement can involve themselves and start investigating, usually confiscating hardware.

I guess, if you're a citizen of antarctica or something. Here's a scenario raging rampant in Finland at the moment:

The IP (intellectual property) owner or their representer,like a law firm, can join the torrent swarm, basically share the file like everyone else, but with the IP owner's consent. They'd get the IP-addresses (internet protocol, I didn't mean for this to happen) of everyone downloading the files.  This part is the same for everyone regardless of location. Only way to hide, is VPN (during the actual download, mind you! Browsing for .torrent -files is rarely even illegal) but even VPN isn't foolproof.

This depends on local law, but the IP owner basically gets a court order to make the ISPs release the info (customer's name, address and so on) to them. Depending on the coutry, this might not be possible, but as I understand, it is  almost everywhere.

Either the law firm, the IP owner or a government representative contacts the customer and demands money as a settlement or upright sues them. This is called copyright trolling.

Again, depending on local law, the fact that you downloaded however minuscule portion of the file, might or might not be enough in the eyes of the law. Going further, the law enforcement can involve themselves and start investigating, usually confiscating hardware.

weell, I live in a F'd up country where you can buy cigarettes and alcohol even when 14, and my friends got cars and they drive without licence since there's almost no police on the road to stop you, so I really don't think somebody would be looking out for people who download torrents, cause everybody does it ALL the time. Like... I don't know a single person who hasn't downloaded a torrent. ( When I said torrenting, I meant downloading the file, not uploading it and spreading it btw). So yeah... thanks for the heads up though. I'll use a VPN just in case. + It might come in handy if I go to another country for some reason. Thanks yall for the time and efforts :) ^^

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014