Hello everyone. I am looking for people who have experience with the two programs mentioned above. I want to know what CPU and GPU you have them running with and what your experience with them is. I currently have a second gen i7 and a GT 530 in my workstation. Recently I have been experiencing some frame rate drops when rotating models and if I even try turning on shadows my PC turns to molasses. Also when opening up script commands my computer will freeze up for 30 seconds before allowing me to type something. I would also appreciate some first hand experiences with Quadro cards from Nvidia and how they perform. At this point I'm still not convinced a $600-$700 Quadro K4000 can outperform a GTX 980. Thanks for reading!

first gen i7 (920) and HD 4670 no issues

2rd gen i7 (3820) and GTX 650 no issues

4th gen it (4790k) and GTX 690 no issues

on all of them resources dont get fully used up and lag in sketcup

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Hello everyone. I am looking for people who have experience with the two programs mentioned above. I want to know what CPU and GPU you have them running with and what your experience with them is. I currently have a second gen i7 and a GT 530 in my workstation. Recently I have been experiencing some frame rate drops when rotating models and if I even try turning on shadows my PC turns to molasses. Also when opening up script commands my computer will freeze up for 30 seconds before allowing me to type something. I would also appreciate some first hand experiences with Quadro cards from Nvidia and how they perform. At this point I'm still not convinced a $600-$700 Quadro K4000 can outperform a GTX 980. Thanks for reading!

I currently use a GTX 770 and a dual core Pentium G4400. My CPU holds me back quite a bit, but i have noticed that when you start using the components instead of cloning your entities, it reduces the performance impact significantly. Here is Sketchup's performance improvement list, it helped me.

https://help.sketchup.com/en/article/3000142

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

FX-6300 and 5970. No issues and that was with solidworks(I have used the programs you mentioned, no issues with those either). With quadro, they have a few benefits but they do not really apply to AutoCad and Sketchup. The main reason they come in handy is their longevity. They are meant to run almost all day every day with no issues and are generally better built. They are a professional work card, meant for people that do professional work. If you are a hobbyist than they are not worth it.

Does not having a second parenthesis around something bother anyone else as much as it does me? (Like if this statement was missing a second side)

I strongly encourage going with something besides sketchup if you can help it. 

I just don't like it. 

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

I strongly encourage going with something besides sketchup if you can help it. 

I just don't like it. 

Haha well my employees have been working with it since I started my business and it has worked well for us so far, aside from these performance dips recently.

first gen i7 (920) and HD 4670 no issues

2rd gen i7 (3820) and GTX 650 no issues

4th gen it (4790k) and GTX 690 no issues

on all of them resources dont get fully used up and lag in sketcup

So do you think my issues are gpu based and that since I'm using a legacy card like the GT 530 that's holding me back?

So do you think my issues are gpu based and that since I'm using a legacy card like the GT 530 that's holding me back?

I think its how badly sketchup is made 

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I think its how badly sketchup is made 

So through your experience, getting a crazy expensive Quadro card isn't necessary even if I am a professional business owner.

So through your experience, getting a crazy expensive Quadro card isn't necessary even if I am a professional business owner.

No

they are more I have 50 machines with 10 quadros rendering 24/7 cards

No

they are more I have 50 machines with 10 quadros rendering 24/7 cards

Thanks a lot, this info is really hard to find anywhere else on the internet.

Thanks a lot, this info is really hard to find anywhere else on the internet.

This is something nobody talk about for some reason:

CAD isnt intensive

its the rendering that kills you