Watercooling options in a Bitfenix Shinobi?

I want to start looking at overclocking my 3770K and add some watercooling to my system, the only problem I have is that my case is a Bitfenix Shinobi and I'm unsure of the watercooling possibilities. It doesn't seem like there is enough space at the top of the case for a radiator, I wondered if anybody else had any solutions without modifying the case too much?

i7-3770K | ASUS P8Z77-V Pro | 8GB 1333Mhz | MSI GTX 780 | Bitfenix Shinobi | 60GB SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD + 500GB Seagate Barracuda HDD | OCZ Fatal1ty 750W | H80i

Measure it out. From the top of your case down to the motherboard edge (maximum: till RAM slots). 55mm is enough for H100 (i). If that's not the case, you could still use a H80i in the back of the case.

4.4 GHz with good temps will be possible with both solutions.

Air cooling would be difficult, due to the fact that the shinobi only supports CPU coolers with a max height of 158mm...

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

you can put a 240mm on the roof and a 200mm on the front no modding necessary. you can also mod the roof to fit a 280mm and the front to fit a 240mm. you should definitely check this guy's build log:

I think nugnug93 asked about the radiator height, not the fan size. Apart from that the build log (btw SingularityComputers is awesome) uses a Prodigy, not a Shinobi ...

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Measure it out. From the top of your case down to the motherboard edge (maximum: till RAM slots). 55mm is enough for H100 (i). If that's not the case' date=' you could still use a H80i in the back of the case. 4.4 GHz with good temps will be possible with both solutions. Air cooling would be difficult, due to the fact that the shinobi only supports CPU coolers with a max height of 158mm... [/quote']

I measured it out, there's about 30mm from the case to the mobo edge, and about 50mm down to the RAM sticks. I think I'll look at getting a H80i, although I did want a bigger radiator like with the H100.

you can put a 240mm on the roof and a 200mm on the front no modding necessary. you can also mod the roof to fit a 280mm and the front to fit a 240mm. you should definitely check this guy's build log:

This isn't a Shinobi! :/

http://youtu.be/f5nHV8YrDv8 this is TTL modding a shinobi I hope this is helpful :). He mounted a 360 rad in the front I think which is pretty awesome

I've seen this before actually, I wanted to see if there were any other options first before I started considering hacking my case apart as much as this! It is awesome and I think if I was a little more skillful with a Dremmel I might give it a go, but I can't afford ruining my case from being a noob :P It was actually because of Tiny Tom that I bought the Shinobi in the first place :)

i7-3770K | ASUS P8Z77-V Pro | 8GB 1333Mhz | MSI GTX 780 | Bitfenix Shinobi | 60GB SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD + 500GB Seagate Barracuda HDD | OCZ Fatal1ty 750W | H80i

If you have the room stick a Nh-D14 or a Havik 140 in the there because they are both better than an H80i

You can try the custom loop method. You will definatly find something that fits!

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.