Windows 10 Wireless Issues - Stuck at login scree? ***Fix***

**Disclaimer** BEFORE YOU READ THE FOLLOWING UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS A LITTLE HARD TO BELIEVE **Disclaimer**

I recently updated my PC to the most recent build version 1511 of Windows 10 64-bit Pro. Before updating I was having a issue that was causing my log-in screen to freeze, and if I managed to wait long enough to get it to work everything was fine. After updating it started to get ridiculous. Even after logging in the desktop would freeze and windows wouldn't work. Applications would crash. Quite literally, nothing was working. I tried everything, and the only thing that seemed to work was booting into safe mode.

That is when I started comparing the differences of safe mode to normal boot. The major difference is unless you boot with networking, windows automatically disables your wireless drivers and peripherals.  I took my case apart and unmounted my WIreless Internet adapter, WIFI Card, and after words EVERYTHING, I repeat, EVERYTHING works perfectly.

I haven't tracked whether this is an issue with drivers (I assume it is) or Windows having problems with the wireless cards, but I am posting to help those in desperate need of fixing this issue.

If you are stuck at the log-in screen, or windows is lagging the crap out of you. Just try unplugging that treacherous wireless card.

Windows 10 tried reinstalling the Nvidia drivers multiple times due to a bad 980. Caused multiple things to corrupt. Not sure if I'm a fan of Windows 10 yet.

Thanks for posting a fix for another issue.

blackshades on

**Disclaimer** BEFORE YOU READ THE FOLLOWING UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS A LITTLE HARD TO BELIEVE **Disclaimer**

I recently updated my PC to the most recent build version 1511 of Windows 10 64-bit Pro. Before updating I was having a issue that was causing my log-in screen to freeze, and if I managed to wait long enough to get it to work everything was fine. After updating it started to get ridiculous. Even after logging in the desktop would freeze and windows wouldn't work. Applications would crash. Quite literally, nothing was working. I tried everything, and the only thing that seemed to work was booting into safe mode.

That is when I started comparing the differences of safe mode to normal boot. The major difference is unless you boot with networking, windows automatically disables your wireless drivers and peripherals.  I took my case apart and unmounted my WIreless Internet adapter, WIFI Card, and after words EVERYTHING, I repeat, EVERYTHING works perfectly.

I haven't tracked whether this is an issue with drivers (I assume it is) or Windows having problems with the wireless cards, but I am posting to help those in desperate need of fixing this issue.

If you are stuck at the log-in screen, or windows is lagging the crap out of you. Just try unplugging that treacherous wireless card.

Dont know about wireless card, but upgrading from Windows 8 or 8.1 to 10 can be tricky with driver, since the system still have it 8 or 8.1 driver, it doesnt try to download the new driver (it will if you go to Device Manager and manually update 1 by 1), which can cause plenty of problems. My desktop dont have any of that, but my laptop after upgrade have no sound and close the lid cause BSOD. I went to ASUS support website and download every single new Windows 10 driver, and install them all manually one by one and it start working fine again. Which is annoying. I hope we have a "Check for update of all driver" button somewhere soon

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

Windows 10 tried reinstalling the Nvidia drivers multiple times due to a bad 980. Caused multiple things to corrupt. Not sure if I'm a fan of Windows 10 yet.

Thanks for posting a fix for another issue.

was that a clean install of windows 10?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

was that a clean install of windows 10?

Yep. I had already installed the drivers myself, but the card was fine until I ran a stress test. After that there were scan lines, and Windows tried fixing the card itself by reinstalling the Nvidia driver multiple times. Windows became corrupt, and would not boot. New 980 with a fresh install solved all the issues. RMAing the card in a few days.

blackshades on