Best current graphics card ?

JYoung

what's the best current graphics card, thinking slightly x2 sli also ?

The best single-GPU card is the Titan X. But, it's beaten all the time by the 980ti in GAMES, so the 980ti is what I would buy.

The best single-PCB graphics card is the AMD Radeon R9 295X2.

I used to be quite active here.

best?

best can mean alot of things

best value? (price/performance)

best fps (most powerful)

best aesthetics? (looks pretty) 

so what best are you reffering to?

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

any manufacturers or models i should be looking at ?

The best single-GPU card is the Titan X. But, it's beaten all the time by the 980ti in GAMES, so the 980ti is what I would buy.

this.

eventough technically the Titan X should be the best GPU out there, the 980Ti is beating it in some games.

honestly, the 980Ti is the best choise at this moment. if you have the cash, that is. both these cards are by no means cheap

money isn't an issue performance and reliability are key

Best GPU core - Titan X
Best Single PCB - R9 295X2
Best Dual-GPU setup - Fury X CF
Best fps in games - 980 Ti
Best fps/$ - R9 380

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

money isn't an issue performance and reliability are key

If you want that, I'd get the 980ti. The R9 295X2 works best with CrossfireX (it's 2 GPUs on one PCB,) and not all games support that.

I used to be quite active here.

Linus, jay and pretty much everyone and their mom have done reviews of just about every 980 ti (jay especially has a TON of 980 ti reviews) go watch some of those and figure out which card is best for your needs. like how the asus strix is good for sound and all that. 

any manufacturers or models i should be looking at ?

MSI and EVGA are the only I'd recommend if you're looking at the 980Ti.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

yea, trying to avoid coke points all around because this will be workstation with a dark star project server running in the background for testing/debug so just want too eliminate bottlenecks in the system with high res and frame rates

yea, trying to avoid coke points all around because this will be workstation with a dark star project server running in the background for testing/debug so just want too eliminate bottlenecks in the system with high res and frame rates

Well if you are not gaming much then a Titan X will be a lot better for that systems uses! 

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Game servers don't run the client, so having a powerful GPU wouldn't help with that.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

What is the best GPU to play The Witcher 3, BF4, Skyrim with insane ENB etc. on 1080p at very high/Ultra

I dont want it to be so expensive

the only reason i consider Nvidia is 980 ti is an absolute beast would it be overkill for 1080p? It cost 1.3 mounts salary of dad.

I dont have fanboism it can be AMD or Nvidia

And there is that directX12 thing in the other hand but i use Windows 8.1 anyways..

Thanks.

I'm not an enthusiast i can tone down some options that i might not even realise when gaming. but having so much grass is very good

RIG: Intel Core2 Q8200, Sapphire HD 6670 1GB ddr3, Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L, Kingston Value 2x2GB, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 320GB , 250 Watts of shit, Win7 Ult x64, Unknown shit case.

The servers just there to run local host, i will be running the game/games on the front in checking object and avatar models etc.

basically everything you can think of i do it long as you're mind is G rated.