First real screenshots of the CANCELED Half Life 2 Episode 4 Surfaces

Nivius

Lets think about this. We have HL1,HL2,HL2E1,HL2E2, but no word whatsoever of HL3 or HL2E3. Then we get word of a cancelled HL2E4, but no cancelled HL2E3. Half Life 3 Confirmed?

When you say GPU drivers I assume you are talking about the openGL gaming performance deficit and inconsistent performance compared to windows directX gaming. I agree that it's a major problem.

But to be fair to Valve they seem to be attacking that problem head on because they have devoted a lot of R&D towards Vulkan. They seem to think that this approach of starting from scratch with a new modern graphics API and simpler drivers is better than continuing to try to fix the openGL ecosystem. Let's see Vulkan comes out in a couple of weeks. Although just like DX12 the games themselves will take some time (except for DOTA2 which will come out fast).

No, not opengl. I'm talking about the lower performance even in opengl only games and buggy drivers.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

No, not opengl. I'm talking about the lower performance even in opengl only games and buggy drivers.

it is specifically the openGL components of the drivers that are lower performance.

it is specifically the openGL components of the drivers that are lower performance.

because there are no directx components...

I know you mean opencl/cuda are not a problem, but when it comes to games right now the only api linux supports is opengl, so that means lower gaming performance across the board. Hopefully they do better with vulkan, but if they follow this trend I doubt it.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

well I meant the steam machines but fair enough ^^

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Am I the only one that firmly believes there will be no HL3, or at the very least there's no game currently in production?聽

No you're not. But that doesn't mean that a lot of people are waiting for it :(

:D

i just want a steam controller without gloss

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4聽5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>