Unexplained Lag in WoW....

anthonyc813

world and MS are over 400... never ever happens to me... the only thing I did was a minor OC to my CPU and bought a new printer and installed HP software and put a little space heater in my room. only recent changes.

was able to DL a game off steam no problem and web browse as normal. just World of Warcraft is giving me a hard time. here is my speedtest while WoW is open and battle.net

world and MS are over 400... never ever happens to me... the only thing I did was a minor OC to my CPU and bought a new printer and installed HP software and put a little space heater in my room. only recent changes.

was able to DL a game off steam no problem and web browse as normal. just World of Warcraft is giving me a hard time. here is my speedtest while WoW is open and battle.net

HP software for printers can be a huge resource hog - I would suspect that first.  Nothing else you mentioned sounds likely to cause huge lag spikes unless it's just a coincidence and your internet connection is just laggy for some reason beyond your control.

Folding For Linus since July 2015

HP software for printers can be a huge resource hog - I would suspect that first.  Nothing else you mentioned sounds likely to cause huge lag spikes unless it's just a coincidence and your internet connection is just laggy for some reason beyond your control.

uninstalling it this second!

In windowsvista/7, open command prompt with administrator's rights and enter netsh interface tcp set global congestionprovider=ctcp this increases the TCP window, to set it back to default enter netsh interface tcp set global congestionprovider=none 

If you are using windows 8/8.1/10, open windows powershell with administrator's rights and enter Set-NetTCPSetting -SettingName InternetCustom -CongestionProvider CTCP it does the same thing as in the windows7 way just that windows powershell is prefered.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

holy shit. world and MS dropped to 59 instantly

god bless you <3

You are very welcome  :D

- Pete

Folding For Linus since July 2015

You are very welcome  :D

- Pete

worked for a bit.... back to high latencey just in World of Warcraft...

dont think its a add on issue... called cablevision and they did a router and modem reset and still 400+ MS and world

In windowsvista/7, open command prompt with administrator's rights and enter netsh interface tcp set global congestionprovider=ctcp this increases the TCP window, to set it back to default enter netsh interface tcp set global congestionprovider=none 

If you are using windows 8/8.1/10, open windows powershell with administrator's rights and enter Set-NetTCPSetting -SettingName InternetCustom -CongestionProvider CTCP it does the same thing as in the windows7 way just that windows powershell is prefered.

windows 10 access denied

windows 10 access denied

Guy are you sure you want help?!....what exactly does your answer mean?

only other thing I can think of is i bought Dragon Quest Heroes and it said to run in in Windows 7 mode or it wouldnt work.. so I did that last night.

WOW is getting lag spikes from 300-800. doing ICC solo now and its bouncing up and down

i tried what he said to do and comand prompt in Win 10 said access denied. i dont know how else to explain it....

Guy i said in my first reply to your issue that if you are using windows 7 to use the command prompt with administrator's rights and if you are using windows 8/8.1/10 to use Powershell with administrator's right and not command prompt.

To find PowerShell just type Windows PowerShell in windows search. 

Guy i said in my first reply to your issue that if you are using windows 7 to use the command prompt with administrator's rights and if you are using windows 8/8.1/10 to use Powershell with administrator's right and not command prompt.

To find PowerShell just type Windows PowerShell in windows search. 

yes i did powershell. not comand prompt.. my bad. i put in exactly what you said and got error code in red letter access denied

yes i did powershell. not comand prompt.. my bad. i put in exactly what you said and got error code in red letter access denied

Describe to me how you opened Windows PowerShell?

Describe to me how you opened Windows PowerShell?

typed Powershell in windows search box. windows powershell ap was first and clicked it. old school looking command prompt window came but its blue. looks like this-

Windows PowerShell

Copyright © 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\Users\anthony>

Windows PowerShell

PS C:\Users\anthony>  Set-NetTCPSetting -SettingName InternetCustom -CongestionProvider CTCP
Set-NetTCPSetting : Access is denied.
At line:1 char:2
+  Set-NetTCPSetting -SettingName InternetCustom -CongestionProvider CT ...
+  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : PermissionDenied: (MSFT_NetTCPSett...ystemName = ""):ROOT/StandardCimv2/MSFT_NetTCPSetti
   ng) [set-NetTCPSetting], CimException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Windows System Error 5,Set-NetTCPSetting

i re read what you wrote and ran as admin. nothing still

Windows PowerShell

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Set-NetTCPSetting -SettingName InternetCustom -CongestionProvider CTCP
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

typed Powershell in windows search box. windows powershell ap was first and clicked it. old school looking command prompt window came but its blue. looks like this-

Windows PowerShell

Thanks for clearing thsi up for me.....the way you opened WindowsPowerShell is without administrator's rights, the way to open PowerShell with administrator's rights is to right click on the Windows PowerShell ap then select Run as Administrator then when PowerShell opens you enter the command and hit the enter key, this is the same method for opening command prompt with administrator's rights, so try it the proper way and report back.

Now if you can't run PowerShell with administrator's rights then your account just doesn't have the privileges to do so.

Thanks for clearing thsi up for me.....the way you opened WindowsPowerShell is without administrator's rights, the way to open PowerShell with administrator's rights is to right click on the Windows PowerShell ap then select Run as Administrator then when PowerShell opens you enter the command and hit the enter key, this is the same method for opening command prompt with administrator's rights, so try it the proper way and report back.

Now if you can't run PowerShell with administrator's rights then your account just doesn't have the privileges to do so.

Yeah I tried to run as administrator. Have a new problem now... Black screen of death. Did some restarts, saw ROG logo and Windows starting then black screen... now I'm fucked. Shut if.off for a half hour and gonna plug everything back in now. Posting from my phone now. Someone said it might be Windows 10. It crashed last week and nothing but problems since. Wish I can reverse back to 7. Never had a problem!!!

Yeah I tried to run as administrator. Have a new problem now... Black screen of death. Did some restarts, saw ROG logo and Windows starting then black screen... now I'm fucked. Shut if.off for a half hour and gonna plug everything back in now. Posting from my phone now. Someone said it might be Windows 10. It crashed last week and nothing but problems since. Wish I can reverse back to 7. Never had a problem!!!

It could be. Hope you get through.

It could be. Hope you get through.

Nope. Mother board broke. The lock piece that holds top graphics card snapped off... it's done. Few USB ports were fried to begin with... Windows 10 would not start up no matter what I did with tech support on the phone... dug up Windows 7 disk and wiped a hard drive and put on fresh install. Lost everything on that SSD and have to slave drive old c drive to save the pictures on it... Fuck ROG mother boards. Getting a regular z97 tomorrow since I lost the ROG mother boards disk and half the software from asus site would not down load. One of three SSD s weren't even detected. Thanks for the help though. I wish it broke two weeks ago during black Friday... fml.

If the new board does not work I'm getting a PlayStation and calling it the day. If my case moves lightly the top card will slide out and I don't want to risk damage to my card by static or a short