New Job

Mikealongo

Hi everyone I'm going to start today at my new job selling smartphones and I have some idea in the smartphone world but in my opinion thers a lot of info to know about.

Could you guys help me with some tips o something like that?

What smartphone you think is the best for each budget and why?

Thanks to everyone I'm really nervous (first job in my life)

Hi everyone I'm going to start today at my new job selling smartphones and I have some idea in the smartphone world but in my opinion thers a lot of info to know about.

lots of people don't know what technology is, so don't go in too much detail when selling, or you will confuse them

EDIT: the post below me might be right

If they hired you knowing this is your first job, they will train you.

Anything we tell you may just mess up what they want you to know.

Relax, bring a notepad, take notes.  If they are good at what they do, they'll make sure you become good at it too.

Folding For Linus since July 2015

Hey, mike ! First of all, you need to always show confidence in your knowledge, for the customers you're the guy who knows everything about every smartphone. Get familiar with the specs of each smartphone, know your customers and try to lure them to a certain device.

Start by asking them what they are searching for in a smartphone, if they respond with low budget, show them a series of the low budget smartphones, if you have huwai or other manufacturers famous for low budget smartphones but with some high quality, go for that. 

If they respond that they want a smartphone that is easy to use, show them either Nexuses or iPhones, both are stock and very user friendly.

If they respond that they want the most high end smartphone, show them one of each of the leading smartphones, HTC One M9, S6, 6S, G4, etc... 

If they respond that they want an android phone but with high build quality and sound quality, LOOK NO FURTHER: The HTC One A9 is their perfect smartphone, if you sell it.

It's cheaper than the high end smartphones, but has a faster fingerprint sensor than the S6 or 6s, better OIS and High quality 24bit audio, full metal body build !

Always listen to what the customer wants. And never let them outsmart you!

Tell them what they need to know, and answer questions they ask.

99% of people that come in are not going to know shit about the hardware in there, so just pay attention to others selling them, and take note on how they answer questions.

Retail is 10% honesty, and 90% Coercion.

I also doubt you'll get dropped in without any period of formal training on the products, and method of sales. Don't be nervous, just be confident that you have the capacity to learn on your feet and apply that knowledge.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Just stick with the basics, most people just wanna know 'decent' camera, battery life, APPS available. If you haven't lost them yet, you can get more into dwelving into cloud backup and stuff. But yeah, you should be getting training esp when it comes to data plan tiers.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

I only have one price range that I think most people will agree with...

$300 and lower:

- Motorola's Moto Gs (Moto G 2nd and 3rd Gen) - this is because they allow the user to have a near stock Android experience

Thanks to you all guys, i hope they'll train me in somehow, i appreciate all the advices you give to me, I'm feeling better now.

I'll tel you how the day is going.

Once again thanks to all of you :))

Thanks to you all guys, i hope they'll train me in somehow, i appreciate all the advices you give to me, I'm feeling better now.

I'll tel you how the day is going.

Once again thanks to all of you :))

Good luck, mate! ;)

Folding For Linus since July 2015

I work as a Verizon salesman for a brief period in time.Three things I would suggest are important.

• Confidence, if you don't speak like you know what you are talking about, people will pick up on it. 
  • Know your products, What they excel at and what they are weak in. Don't recommend a Moto X phone to someone who wants the best camera. Don't give an LG G4 to someone looking for battery life. If they want a smaller device the iPhone Plus models shouldn't be there. 
  • That ties into the other big thing. Listen to the customer. Talk to them, connect to them. See what is important to them. 

If someone wants an easy to use phone with a great camera to take pictures of her grand kid for less then $200 there should be no hesistation when you say to her the iPhone 6S is the best match. 

Good luck. Work is one of the better things in life if you want it to be. 

Intel i5 6600k

Powercolor AMD R9 390

Thanks for the advice guys, i survived xD.

Is really fun and no one ask technical stuff about the phones, only comparations between two or three phones but just that.

:)

If they don't know smartphones it should be pretty easy to just sell them an iPhone lol

Worked in mobile before tooand there are pretty much to types of customers.

1.) The tech smart (varying degree) that already did their HW and come in knowing what they want. Easy, if its in stock, you got a sale,

2.) The not-tech smart you can trick into buying anything. Don't bother trying to sway them to what you would get, just point them to the shiny displays and let them pick. 99% of their questions won't go farther then "How fast is it?" (be vague), "Can I do X with it" (should be a simply answer), "I'm I eligible for an upgrade?"

I tried actually being helpful and informative but found it was a waste of time. Just give them what they want and save your salesmen skills for add-ons ;)

I sell like 4 6s and 2 6s+ per day xD xD

Yeah, the majority of sales will be Apple/Samsung, unless people are going for the cheapest option or unlocked.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Hahahaha my boss just called me, he changes me to Hardware section so im going to sell laptops, an desktop pcs :))))